Jooheon - Kiss Me Thru The Phone [Part 3]

It has been a few days since Jooheon got enlisted. You were in the kitchen, making coffee. Without realising, you had made two cups of coffee instead of one just for you. You laughed at yourself and dazed as you took a sip of your coffee. Ever since he left, the house felt empty so empty and cold. You missed how Jooheon would laugh at your clumsiness, you miss his aegyo he made whenever you would sulk, you miss poking into his dimples, his smiles, his eyes...you missed the whole of him.

"Come one Y/N. You can do this! Only a few days left!" you tried to brainwash yourself, counting the months left in days instead. You know it's stupid, but that's just how you cope with missing Jooheon's presence by your side.

Minutes turned to hours, days turned to months, months turned to years. It has already turned a year and a half since Jooheon left. Writing letters to your boyfriend has been your routine on every special day that both of you shared.

14 July

Hi Hon-ie!

This morning, I baked a cake to celebrate our anniversary together. I decorated it so pretty, with cream and strawberry on top. I was admiring my effort, when I suddenly remembered that you were in the army! Haha.... Stupid me! Hehe.. haish... I wish I can see your smile and feel your hugs again... Happy 2nd Anniversary, Lee Jooheon.... I love you<3

6 Oct

Hi Hon-ie!

Happy Birthday, my love! I hope you have been eating well and resting enough. You are not overexerting yourself right? If you are, you know how much trouble you will get when you get back! Hehe... gosh, I missed you so much... especially on this day.....

The longing you feel for him is especially strong today, it's your 1000th day today. You were snuggling on the couch in your blanket when your phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?" you said as you answered the phone.

"Hey Princess!" you heard a familiar voice over the phone. It's the voice that you've been longing to hear.

"Omg...... is it..is-is it really you, Jooheon?!"

"Yes Honey! It's me! Hehe...Happy 1000th day, honey!" Jooheon wished, further affirming that it was him who was speaking through the phone.

"God, I miss hearing your voice so much Hon-ie!" your voice trembled, as you started crying tears of joy. You finally get to hear your boyfriend's voice after so long.

"Oh no no Y/N, don't cry. You know I'm not there to hug you and wipe those tears away for you!" he tried to calm you down, when you also heard him crying through the phone. You took a deep breath before you continued talking.

"How have you been Hon-ie? Have you been eating well? Have you had enough rest every time after drills? Did you rest when you were not feelling well? Were you bullied by the other recruits? Cause if you did... I am so going to..." you stopped at hearing Jooheon's laughter. You can imagine his smile as his laughter continues to ring through your ears.

"I missed your nagging, honey... I miss you so much Y/N... How I wish I'm right by your side now" he said in the most softest and loveable voice that you'd missed for a year and a half now.

He explained that he gotten the chance to call you since he won the talent competition that was held among his company recruits. He had already called his parents and siblings before calling you, so you didn't need to worry. Both of you continued catching up with one another, laughing and smiling at the stories that you told one another.

"Honey, my time's up now." You sighed when you heard Jooheon said that.

"Alright Hon-ie... I miss you so much!"

"I know princess, I miss you too! But don't worry... Only a few months left, and I'll be back by your side! Like always, I promise... I love you so much!" Jooheon said as he kissed you through the phone repeatedly.

"Gosh I wish I can kiss you for real now!"

"Hehehe... I love you more Jooheon!" you send back kisses to him through the phone before hearing his laugh and ending the call. Although it was such a short moment, you felt happy that Jooheon is able to be there to celebrate this special day with you, even if it is through the phone. 

  -----THE END----