24: I care for you

"So

"So.. Why did you cry earlier when I called you ?" Taehyung asked while playing with her fingers. "Ah- it's nothing important really." Jennie tried to make an excuse but he wasn't buying it. "Is it Hanbin-shi ?" He asked and her head immediately went down and she looked away. "It's him judging by how you react.So.... what did he said to you that hurt your feelings ?"

Jennie was about to protest but nothing came out. Taehyung chuckled lightly and pinched her cheeks. "Now tell me this 'nothing important' that made you cry, Jennie. You know I can't read minds." Jennie looked at him and just sighed. "But you read my mind just now. How did you know that he said something that hurt my feelings ?" She rests her head on the edge of the bed. Taehyung just shrugged his shoulders. "You know I'm always willing to listen to you right ?" He asked and she nodded.

"But who will listen to you ?" Jennie asked. Taehyung was deep in thoughts but it was cut off when Jennie added. "Then I'll listen to you and you'll listen to mine. No matter how childish or unimportant is it okay ?" She said and stuck her pinky out to him. Taehyung laughed, nodded and wrapped his pinky to hers. "You go first Jennie, then I'll tell you what's on my mind."

"He was angry that I invited you today and I argued that I was afraid that the media would put me in a scandal with him which resulted in our relationship. I can't afford to be in anymore scandal than I've already had. The fans still think it's true even when it's already been proven to be false. He also accused me of using your group name to bring mine. I never expected him to think that way and I've never even thought of that way too. I'm not saying that girl idols have it tougher in this industry but that's what I'm saying. We get judged just by breathing and I'm always the victim and I can't expect you guys to understand." Taehyung holds her hands and caresses them.

"I can't say I was in the same shoes but I'll try to understand how hard and how horrible the backlash is especially towards the woman and I sympathise with it. But I thank you for putting our relationship ahead and I was really happy that you invited me today. It doesn't matter that I was just there to avoid scandals but I was happy that you still came and invited me when you could've just said no to the hangout. And about the Hanbin thing, I assumed that his head wasn't clear at that time and he could be regretting that he said that cause from the way he treated you, I can see that he cares a lot about you just like I do. I'm sure it was tough for you to get all the backlash including from my fans and I deeply apologise on their behalf. But trust me on this Jennie, if ever you need a shoulder or an ear, come find me, okay? Can you trust me ?" He said and tried to curve her smile upwards.

Jennie laughed slightly before nodding. "So care to tell me your problems ?" Taehyung had a grin before nodding. "My worries these days is actually about us." He sighed before continuing " Somehow I feel dreaded if our time together is coming to an end and I hate it. I reckon that your entertainment wouldn't like it if we continue to hang out even outside of schedules but I don't want 'us' to end. Every day I wake up whenever we had scheduled for filming I really really try my best to make the most of my time with you."

Jennie was taken aback that he felt that way and she could say that she was feeling the same. It was her turn now to rub circles on his hand with her thumb. "I- I also have the same thoughts constantly. I also tried thinking of different solutions cause I feel it's such a shame that after everything we had, it will be just gone. My members just urged me saying as I could just text, call you but we both know it's not the same." They both sighed thinking about their future.

"Do you want to go somewhere just the two of us? No cameras or if they won't allow it we can tell the PD that we'll film everything ourselves and bring them the records. Even without our manager." Taehyung suggested. Jennie nodded but she looked hesitant. "I'll talk to my manager and if he gives me green light, I'll have him talk to yours. How does that sound ?" He said and grinned at her. She nodded before resting her head on his lap. "Jendeuk jendeuk..."Taehyung said in a sing-song while playing with her hair.

100th day
It was their hundredth day and after filming their casual yet classy date, they went to the ice skating rink. The PD suggested that Taehyung should express his feelings towards Jennie today to make it more believable to the fans.

So Taehyung did, he and Jennie seated at the bench and Taehyung gazed at her eyes before saying "Jennie, I'm glad you're the one that I can share my love with and undoubtedly, I'm glad that I fell in love with you."

Taehyung uttered the words 'fell in love with you' which left all of them shook even to himself. Thankfully the PD shouted "cut! 10 minutes."

Jennie just blinked her eyes a couple of time before laughing awkwardly at his confession. "Oppa, you should totally opt for more dramas. You're really good at acting it almost felt real."

Taehyung could just stifle an awkward laugh and rub his neck in embarrassment. He truly was shocked with himself. The filming then went on and Jennie had to excuse herself since she had a photo shoot to attend which leaves Taehyung to hang out at his dorm still pondering why did the word 'fell in love with you' had been uttered from his lips. What made him said that?

Was it unconsciously because his brains was sending signals to himself?

He groaned and messed with his hair in frustration which earned weird looks from his members. "Something just happened between him and Jennie Noona," Jungkook spoke up and the others agreeing with him.