30: caught in the moment

The sunshine brightly that made Jennie awake from her deep slumber. It took a while for her to realise that she was on his chest with his arms wrapped around her waist, gently yet firmly. She felt his soft breaths tickle her neck and she looks up to see his sleeping face, not twisted in anger or worries, but finally at rest something that rarely happens. Jennie runs her hands along his bare chest, feeling the warmth radiating off of him. This is the one thing that she loves about Taehyung, how warm and cuddly he is.

"You know I can feel your staring right, babe ?" His voice is deeper than it usually is. "Hmm, lucky guess. Morning my love," She planted a quick kiss at his lips. "Morning, princess." he greeted still half awake. Before Jennie could say anything, his stomach made a growling sound. Jennie sat up and pull his hands.

"Get up. I'm cooking you breakfast Tiger." She said and led him towards the kitchen. She was cooking pancakes when he suddenly backhug her. "Imagine, one day in our own penthouse probably you with a ring on the finger. With our dogs running around and probably someday children of our own. " He whispered to her ears. Jennie chuckled lightly. "Stop. You're tickling m-."

"I'm hom- ohh. We have a guest !" Jennie's mom stated that made both of them shook. "M-om. Your home." Jennie stuttered and Taehyung hid his face at the crook of her neck. His ears were red. "Ha-ve you ate?" Jennie still shook over the fact that her mother caught her with a guy. Alone. In the house.

"Yes. It's okay. You two eat first then we'll talk in the living room." She said leaving the kitchen still with her RBF. "Jen... I'm scared." Taehyung admitted. "Woah no wonder you're RBF is so powerful." He stated still feeling the heat in his face. "Come on, let's eat for now." Jennie pulled his hands towards the dining room with their pancakes.

The dining was very silent since both of them were deep in thoughts. Jennie's mother caught them and she could have any sorts of thoughts towards Taehyung now. And Taehyung can't believe that's her first reaction towards him.

After they had eaten, they slowly walked towards the living room and saw Jennie's mom reading a magazine. They sat in front of her, head looking down as if they were teenagers meeting their principal and was about to get scolded. Jennie fidgets with her fingers. Her mother really looks so scary right now. Especially that she hasn't smiled at all.

"Look! It's both of you." Her mother showed the magazine she was reading. The magazine was a special issue of the hot trending couple in WGM.

Both of them still couldn't pinpoint if she was being sarcastic. "Why are you guys so awkward ?" Her mother laughed. Confusion was evident on their faces. "I'm not angry or surprised." She started, put the magazine down and look at both of them.

I assumed that Jennie invited you here because your relationship is a secret. Your real relationship. "Yes, ma'am." Taehyung answer formally. She chuckled before continuing. "Don't be too formal with me. And don't be nervous Nini-ya and Taehyung." She said.

"I don't mind that you guys are here since I feel bad that you guys barely can have a private life of your own." She said. "Taehyung. I want you to take great care of my daughter. Just imagine that one day when you become a parent, you must want the future guy of your daughter to take care of her just like a princess. And lastly," Her voice suddenly stern.

"You both are adults but still you guys are young and still soaring high in the entertainment industry, I really recommend protection. Maybe taking pills the next day for precaution and -."

"Mom !!!" Jennie interrupted her mom as she was giving the both of them 'the talk' and it was embarrassing. Jennie hid her face with her hands and Taehyung just coughed awkwardly. "Don't worry Mrs.Kim. I'll protect your daughter as if my life depends on it." He slightly bows at her. Her mother got up from the sofa with a chuckled before going to her room.

They sat there for a while in silence before Taehyung stands up. "I'm going back to the dorm to change clothes. I'll meet you back here ?" He said. Jennie nodded and see him out. "Come back soon." She kissed his temples. He pouted and gesture towards his lips.

She shook her head slightly and he slowly dragged his feet. She ran towards him, a peck on his lips and ran back to her house.. Leaving a flustered Taehyung. When she went back to her house, her pupils were white and her mouth was agape to see someone she familiarly knows waiting for her at her door. Obviously they had seen Jennie giving a peck to Taehyung.

"W-what are you doing here ?" She stammered with her words and she's never been this nervous.