RUOF

Chapter 4. Water Lily

❝ there is a crane knocking down all those things that we were ❞

there is a crane
knocking down
all those things
that we were

Detective Kim leaves three knocks on the front door of the house which the boys live in, as soon as he arrives there

Detective Kim leaves three knocks on the front door of the house which the boys live in, as soon as he arrives there. "Is anyone home?"

To his surprise, the door opens very soon.

A boy with a messy hair and a scared look on his face is holding his hand on the door knob, not wanting to let the detective in.

"Hello, I am detective—"
"Kim Hosung."
"So you do remember me."

The boy is still hiding himself behind the door which is open enough for the detective to see inside.

As soon as the boy caughts the detective staring, he decides to close the door immediately, but the detective pushes it open, softly. "I want to help."

"Run!" This is the last thing the boy says before closing the door shut.

But, the detective does not give up easily, so instead of knocking, he leaves several punches on the front door this time.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Another voice shouts out from inside. When he opens the door, he asks, "Woah! Detective Kim? If you don't mind me asking, I would be happy to know what you are doing here."

"Hello, Namjoon."
"I'm surprised you remembered my name!"
"So this means that I can come in, right?"

"Of course," The boy stands aside, and lets the young man enter the house, then he leads the detective to the living room. "Please, take a seat."

"I am sorry for showing up at this time of the day. I have to make some things clear, and I want to help the police in order to solve the case," He explains, and the boy nods. "It is good that we understand each other."

The detective opens his mouth in order to continue talking, but he stops when he notices someone staring at him, hiding behind the table. It is that boy with the messy hair from before.

"Who is he?" The detective whispers clear enough for Namjoon to hear.

Namjoon lets out a deep breath, and answers, "Oh, um— that's Jungkook..."

"May I talk to him in private?"
"I'm afraid not."
"Why?"

"After Taehyung's death, he went kind of crazy, and I— I mean he—" Namjoon decides to choose his words wisely. After all, he is talking with detective Kim. "Anyway, he has been under pressure recently, and I don't want to push him hard."

As Namjoon is explaining the situation, somebody comes down the stairs, and this is when a familiar scent fills the air.

Water lilies.