XIS

Chapter 6. A Deadly Game

❝ I heard you call my name while I'm passing out the mistake I've made it can't be turned around ❞

I heard you call my name
while I'm passing out
the mistake I've made
it can't be turned around

❝ I heard you call my name while I'm passing out the mistake I've made it can't be turned around ❞

[Two months ago]

"Have you heard about the new computer game?" Hoseok questions his friends who are sitting around the dinning table, trying out the food which is cooked by Seokjin.

"Which game?" Jungkook takes a sip of his drink, and shoves the food in his mouth.

Hoseok remains silent for a moment, but after a few seconds, he turns back to the reality, and answers, "The Deadeye."

"Sounds scary," Jimin says as he stops eating the food, and looks at Hoseok in order to ask him a question, "What is it about?"

"Well, basically, you confess your crime, and you will be told how many days you have left to survive before the death comes after you," Hoseok answers, and gathers everybody's attention. "It is said that the game was created by a psychopath who believes that has the right to punish the criminals, also it is said that he, himself, is a criminal too, and if you survive, you can get the chance to kill him in the end... in order to wash away all the pain and sorrow that he has been through."

Namjoon starts to laugh. "What makes you think you know him so well?"

"Nowadays, everybody knows him," Hoseok answers, and leans forward only to whisper, "They say that he is waiting for the last survivor to show up," He continues, and looks at each one of his friends. "But you know, unfortunately, nobody has ever survived."

"If you know all of this, then why did you sign up?" Jimin asks as the anxiety in his eyes can not be ignored.

"Because I want to prove him wrong, and I want to prove them all that I can be the only survivor," Hoseok answers, and a smirk appears on his face. "A game won't hurt anyone, right?"

"A survival game—" Yoongi stops talking for a moment when he think about the description that Hoseok has given about the game. "I want to play, too."

"Let us all play, shall we?" Taehyung laughs. "After all, we are all sinners, here."

"I smell trouble." Seokjin believes that these boys are out of their minds, but deep down, he also knows when they decide to do something, they will definitely do it, so stopping them from playing the game is kind of impossible, especially now that the most trustworthy person, Hoseok, has faith that playing the game is going to be so much fun.

"It can't kill us, can it?" After hearing this from Namjoon, they all start to laugh except for Jimin which causes Namjoon to turn his face at the boy who is poking his fork on the food, not wanting to eat it, anymore. "Is everything okay, buddy?" He asks, and Jimin nods, but soon, he stands up, and goes to his bedroom without even wanting to listen to what they are talking about.

"What's wrong with him?" Hoseok rolls his eyes. "He is always afraid of everything."

"Go easy on him," Seokjin tries to defend Jimin who is not with them, now. "He didn't choose this kind of life, remember? Not to mention that he is still suffering from that tragic accident."

"Oh, please," Hoseok laughs. "We have all done something even worse, for example, you—"

"Enough!" Seokjin knows what Hoseok is going to talk about, but he does not want to be reminded of the crime he has commited, because whenever he remembers that moment, he can still feel the guilt on his own shoulders.

"You guys are a bunch of cowards." This is the last thing that Hoseok says before going to his own bedroom, and slamming the door shut.

"It will be fun, Seokjin," Taehyung punches his friend on the shoulder, playfully. "I promise."

Seokjin lets out a deep breath, and shrugs. "Fine," He says, and turn his face at Taehyung. "But if I survive, I will kill you in the end."

Taehyung laughs, and says, "Whatever you say, my friend."

"