NEETRUOF

Chapter 14. The Lake House

❝ all you can do is try to know who your friends are as you head off to the war ❞

all you can do is
try to know who your friends are
as you head off to the war

❝ all you can do is try to know who your friends are as you head off to the war ❞

[A month ago,
before Taehyung's death]
(Part 2)

After a few minutes, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook arrive at the lake house in order to find Jimin. They are worried about the boy.

Yes, of course that Jimin is responsible for his family's death, but if the boys listen to every little word that he says, they will understand that killing his family was not his intention.

"That's Namjoon's car!" Taehyung shouts. "So, Jimin must be here."

Hoseok twists the knob, but the door seems to be locked from the inside. "Great!"

"Don't worry. I got this," Jungkook starts talking, "Please, stand aside." He tries to open the door while using his burglar skills. "Damn it!"

"What's wrong, Mr. Burglar?" Hoseok questions Jungkook. "Can't you open a simple door, now? Or maybe you've forgotten that you are a professional thief, because you haven't been stealing shit for about... I don't know... six or seven months, I guess."

"Oh, shut up!" Jungkook mutters under his breath.

"You two! Stop it!" Taehyung yells at them both, and looks at Jungkook right away. "Please, Jungkook, open the damn door, because I am so fucking worried about Jimin."

Jungkook continues to do his work.

Hoseok turns his face at Taehyung, and says, "Jimin will be just fine."

"Oh, yeah? How can you be sure?"
"Because he is an idiot, and an idiot is a coward."
"You know, I would fucking kill you right now if only I had a chance."

Hoseok laughs, and when Taehyung notices this, he laughs, too.

"You guys are freaking me out." Jungkook says, clear enough for them to hear.

"Don't worry, buddy!" Taehyung pats Jungkook's back. "Hoseok and I were just joking. Am I right, brother?" Taehyung winks at Hoseok, and Hoseok nods in return while having a nice smile on his face.

"And... there you go..." Finally, Jungkook manages to open the door.

The three boys step into the house, and each one of them searches the whole place, but Jimin is nowhere to be found.

Jungkook stands beside the fireplace, because he feels kind of cold until something grabs his attention. It looks like something is burning inside the fireplace.

"Guys, I think I found something!"