NEETFIF

Chapter 15. Symbolize

❝ loving is the key a perfect family you can do anything if you try ❞

loving is the key
a perfect family
you can do anything
if you try

❝ loving is the key a perfect family you can do anything if you try ❞

[A month ago,
before Taehyung's death]
(Part 3)

Carefully, Jungkook pulls that thing out of the fireplace, trying not to get burnt. "Ouch! My hand!" But, he does not give up trying.

As soon as Hoseok and Taehyung hear him, they come downstairs in order to see what Jungkook has got to say.

"What is that?" Taehyung questions. "Ugh! It smells like shit!"

"This is— it's his laptop..." Hoseok answers. "But... why did he want to destroy it?"

"Maybe, he had some porn that he wanted to get rid of." Jungkook says as he is laughing.

"Well, he could have just deleted them, Dr. Brain!" Taehyung says to Jungkook. "But, seriously, why would he do such a thing?"

The silence rules all over the house. They do not know what to think about or what to say. It is a strange feeling that no one can explain.

Suddenly, the silence breaks when Jimin, himself shows up. The three boys do not know what question to ask from the boy, so they remain silent until Jimin decides to talk, "I didn't want to die. I— I signed up for the game... The Deadeye, I mean."

Hoseok pats his friend's arm, and smiles in order to make the boy feel at least a little bit better. "It's alright, Jimin. It's just a game."

"But you said that nobody's ever survived!" Jimin's eyes are filled with water, now.

"Guess what, buddy? We all signed up!" Taehyung says. "It's just a game. Just like Hoseok said. Nothing's gonna happen to any of us. I promise. To be honest, I'm sure that it will be kind of fun! Just imagine knowing that somebody is going to kill you someday... somewhere... somehow... I say it's fun."

"I say it's scary," Jungkook says, but soon, Taehyung elbows him. "I've just changed my mind. I also say that it's fun."

"Don't forget about me, guys!" Hoseok circles his arms around his friends. "We're in this together, and nothing can change that," Slowly, he leads his friends to the door to leave the lake house. "Now, let's get back to the others."

As they are walking towards the car to leave there, Jimin stops, and looks down at water lilies. When Hoseok notices him, he asks, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah... I guess so."
"You like water lilies?"
"Yeah, but— What does a water lily symbolize?"

Hoseok starts to think carefully for a moment before answering Jimin. "It symbolizes seven things."

"And what are they?" Taehyung questions as he was already listening to the two boys who were chatting.

"Devotion, pleasure, peace, rebirth, transformation, innocence and wellness." Hoseok answers.

Jungkook picks up a water lily, and gives it to Taehyung. "If you were a water lily flower, you would symbolize innocence, Taehyung." Jungkook says to his friend.

"Why would you think so?"
"I don't know. I just feel it."
"You're so fucking creepy, Jungkook."