NEETENIN

Chapter 19. The Thirst For Blood

❝ here I am will you send me an angel? here I am in the land of the morning star ❞

here I am
will you send me an angel?
here I am
in the land of the morning star

They are all at the hospital, waiting for a doctor to show up in order to tell them whether their friend is going to be fine or not

Detective Kim is leaning his back on the wall, having his face covered in his hands. He is going crazy because of not knowing what to do. Whenever he tries to get a step closer to the boys with the thought of getting them to talk, the killer seems to be always one step ahead. His inner guts tell him to stop working on this case, because it is getting out of control, but on the other hand, he truly wants to help these boys. Well, not all of them can be killers, can they?

A doctor walks past them, and this is when Seokjin grabs the doctor's left arm. "Doctor? How is Park Jimin?"

"I'm afraid he doesn't have much time left." The doctor replies.

"What do you mean?" Detective Kim asks as he is getting closer to the doctor to hear him better.

"Do you know what medicine he has been taking, recently?" The doctor questions, and they all shake their heads. "Too much medicine can harm anyone's stomach. Are you familiar with gastric lavage?" He coughs and looks the detective before he starts talking again. "Gastric lavage, also called stomach pumping is the process of cleaning out the contents of the stomach... for eliminating poison from the stomach, to be exact." Again, he takes a good look at the detective, leaving him wondering that the doctor must mean something by looking at him like that. Maybe he has something to say to detective Kim, but he is not able to say it in front of the boys. "The medicine he has taken... it is killing him slowly. He is not breathing right. Although the gastric lavage was done, I believe it was too late."

After hearing this, Jungkook goes outside, leaving Seokjin, Namjoon and Hoseok with the detective and the doctor.

"Can I see him?" With a worried look on his face, Hoseok asks.

The doctor shakes his head. "Not now."

"But—" Hoseok is cut off when Namjoon grabs him into a hug, and leans his head on his shoulder, crying.

As soon as the doctor is done talking with them, he goes in a corner, and waits for the detective to join him in order to have a private conversation with him.

"Look, that boy— Park Jimin had something in his pocket... a water lily... and a note which I couldn't even make any sense of." The doctor said with a low voice, making sure nobody can hear them.

"Do you have it with you?"
"Yes. Here. Take it."
"Thank you, doctor."

The doctor turns his back on the detective to leave, but he stops, and turns around when he remembers something. "By the way," He clears his throat. "The medicine which was given to Park Jimin is not easy to be found. In other words, it's illegal, which means either one of them knows a friend who can find that kind of medicine easily or—"

"Wait a second, how do you know it was given to him?"
"Isn't it obvious? Why would someone take a medicine knowing that it'll kill him?"
"So you knew it was given to him, but you didn't say it in front of his friends, right?"

The doctor nods as a yes. "That boy will not live that long. He doesn't have much time left. So, I suggest that you forget about the dead and look after the living instead. Help those who are still alive." The doctor says before leaving.

The detective is lost in the sea of thoughts. He knows that when a water lily is found, it means that one of them is going to die or one of them is already dead.

He takes a good look at the note before reading it.

L1AR, L1AR, L1AR!
872R2  D1D  LY159  924  Y0U?
PU4  Y0UR32LF  05  F1R2
82AR  CL04723  47A4  AR2  MAD2  0F  BL00D
BURY  Y0UR  72AD  15  D1R4  A5D  MUD
8725  1  PULL  0U4  Y0UR  FUCK159 2Y2
D0 504 3CR2AM A5D D0 504 B2 37Y
U541L 52X4 41M2, K22P 14 15 M15D
472 PL2A3UR2 0F K1LL159 Y0U 81LL B2 M152

K15D R29ARD3,
472 CR2A40R
;)

K15D  R29ARD3, 472  CR2A40R;)