Year 1: Chapter 12

The Hogwarts Express finally pulled into its station at Hogsmeade the day before the term resumed. Willow was there with the Weasley and Smith twins, Mandy, Lisa, Oliver, Ron, Harry, and Paige, waiting to greet all of their friends as the compartments opened at Hogsmeade Station. The first to exit the train and run into Willow's open arms was none other than Hermione Granger.

"Hermione!" Willow coughed. "You must have had a great Christmas, then?"

"Oh, it was wonderful!" Hermione agreed. "My parents really embraced this new wizarding life of mine and gave me all sorts of school supplies! It wasn't the same without you three there, though."

"You're so bad at lying, Hermione," Harry said. "Tell Ron and I all about your holiday!"

Willow watched the trio walk away, Hermione excitedly chatting with them about her father's dentist office fiasco. Sue Li suddenly appeared in front of her, dropping her trunk and wrapping her arms gently around her friend. Willow embraced her as well, the black-haired girl glowing with happiness, looking refreshed and ready to face another several months of school.

"It's good to have you back, Sue," she said. "I take it your family was pleased to have you home?"

"They must have missed me a lot, because they gave me more presents than they've ever given me before. I think I gained ten pounds from the amount of pudding I ate!"

Willow laughed. "Us, too."

"Us?"

"Sue's back! Come on, Oliver!" Mandy exclaimed, pulling him by his hand.

"Lisa! Mandy!" Sue called.

The three Ravenclaw girls melted into a group hug, Willow standing on the outside with Oliver. When they parted, Sue's eyes were alight with curiosity and excitement.

"I've missed you guys so much! What happened here at Hogwarts? Anything interesting?"

"Well, Oliver decided to speak to someone other than Willow, which was rather surprising," Mandy began.

Sue raised her eyebrows. "Really?" She turned to Oliver. "I don't think I've properly met you. Sorry about that. Hopefully I'll get to know you a little better soon."

Oliver smiled shyly, his way of saying that would be good. Mandy continued speaking about some of the things that had happened to Sue.

"...And Willow almost got herself detention for the rest of the year," Mandy said. "Is Snape still stuck in that ugly sweater?"

"Yeah," Willow snickered.

Sue glanced between Mandy and Willow, curiosity radiating from her. "I see that we have a lot to talk about. That should be a good story to tell."

"It will be. Let's head to the common room. Oliver, don't you dare sneak off! You're coming with us!"

Oliver let out a small chuckle as he nearly tripped over himself, Mandy dragging him with the other three. Willow was grateful that they let her stay to greet her other friends. Unfortunately, the next group that got off would be the last one she would be on the platform to welcome. Lavender, Mia, Fay, and Parvati stampeded off the train and tackled Willow.

"WILLOW! WE'RE BACK!" Mia screamed.

"WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Fay shrilled.

"Missed you guys too!" Willow wheezed, crushed underneath the weight of her four roommates. "Welcome back!"

"Did you get a lot of presents? Did you kiss anyone under a mistletoe? Did you pull a prank on a teacher? Tell me everything!" Lavender commanded.

"Yes, ew, no, and of course I did. Snape is still suffering from it."