Year 3: Chapter 7

Paige lingered only a moment longer with Willow, then headed off to the common room, armed with a full-proof lie to keep McGonagall calm and Madam Pomfrey satisfied. Willow's heart was still racing from their interaction. She stood rooted to the spot where she'd last spoke with Paige, fuzziness clouding her mind. She knew she should really get going, with Pomfrey on her tail and all, but she just couldn't bring herself to end that magical moment. Was this what it felt like to fancy someone, she wondered?

"Wow, I did not see that coming. Willow Guerrero is a lesbian. How long have you two been dating?"

"HOLY crap," Willow yelped, whipping around. Her heart beat even faster when she saw who was standing behind her. She was surprised she didn't have a heart attack, with everything that was happening at once. "Sirius! What the hell are you doing here?"

"Looking for you, of course! You didn't come back very fast," he hissed, crossing his arms. "You made me worry! I thought you might have passed out and died somewhere!" He shook his head. "Let's get back to the Power House. And keep your voice down! I'm lucky I haven't gotten caught yet!"

"You're damn right you are! Go, go, go!"

Sirius shrank into his dog form as Willow transformed into a cat. They bounded through the corridors, frantically glancing over their shoulders every few seconds for staff members, even though they were unrecognizable in their new forms. Willow picked up the pace past the dementors and finally was able to relax when they reached the treeline. The Forbidden Forest welcomed them home with a strong gust of wind and a dark sky. Willow didn't mind the dark for once, however, as she preferred that to getting caught in broad daylight. They returned to their human forms when they got back to the Power House and kicked their shoes off outside, scraping off as much mud as they could. Sirius quickly ushered her inside and locked the door behind them, then breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well, that's not exactly the homecoming I'd expected," he joked.

"Sirius! Are you out of your mind?" Willow scolded. "You could have gotten caught! Why would you come after me like that?"

Sirius shrugged. "Had some energy to let off. Thought I might as well make it productive. I found you, we didn't get caught, and besides, now I've got ammunition to tease you with. What's her name?"

Willow spluttered. "What- she's not- Sirius, I'm talking about something much more important right now!"

Sirius scoffed. "Nothing's more important than true love," he teased, dramatically emphasizing the last two words. "Soooo, I'm still wondering, what's her name? How did you meet? These are important details, you know."

"De- Sirius, I'm trying to make sure you don't get killed!"

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, please, spare me the spiel, you already did this yesterday. The past is in the past. I didn't get caught. I'm still waiting on my answer, by the way."

Willow was about to protest that he could easily get caught at any time, that he was bloody foolish, that he was stupid to go after her- Dumbledore was at Hogwarts, for Merlin's sake, nothing would happen to her- but she begrudgingly shut her mouth. She would have done the same thing for Sirius. She needed to stop being such a hypocrite.

"Well? What's her name?" Sirius asked.

Willow blushed. "Paige, but we're not dating. We're just friends. I don't know whether I fancy her or not."

"Oh, I'll help you answer that question. You do, and it's obvious to the entire world. I could have seen that from Mars." Willow reddened even further. "So, when did you meet? How are you planning to ask her on a date?"