Year 2: Chapter 18

"We saw the watch turn to midnight, but McGonagall threatened to give us detention if we wouldn't go back to our rooms!" Lisa gasped. "What happened to Sue? Is she okay? Her robes are covered in blood!"

"Pomfrey said she needs a few days' rest, but she's okay, thank Merlin," Padma said, gently caressing Sue's hand. "She was incredibly brave tonight, Lisa. You should have seen her. She didn't even flinch when the spells were flying millimeters from her head."

Lisa nodded, wiping away tears despite her smile as she kneeled next to Padma. "She's the bravest one in Ravenclaw aside from you. I always knew she'd rock out this hero thing."

"It's a shame they shot her down before the hand-to-hand combat started," Cypress sighed. "I would have liked to see her self-defense prowess. I've heard a lot about her taekwando abilities."

Willow smiled. "That's alright. She doesn't have anything to prove to us. Besides, we have an Oliver."

Oliver's cheeks reddened. "I only helped a little..."

"A little? You single-handedly took out an adult Dark witch! You're the only reason we got out of there alive!"

Oliver blushed an even deeper shade of crimson. Mandy wrapped an arm around him and ruffled his hair. "I always knew we'd find the inner hero in you! You're a big bad Hufflepuff, just like I said over a year ago!"

Paige laughed, which caused Willow's heart to skip a beat. "I'm guessing the witch made him mad?"

"Yep. It was awesome, and he looked pretty damn amazing the whole time, I must add," Cypress said.

Willow rolled her eyes. "He's definitely feeling better. Where's Sally, by the way?"

"Oh, she got caught by her Gryffindor Sisters," Mandy explained. "They kidnapped her back to the Gryffindor common room. I'll give them less than five minutes before they bust down the doors."

"That's how they ended up with me," Paige explained. "I overheard them whispering about your little plight, and they were happy to have some backup with McGonagall. She wouldn't budge, unfortunately, and I think she was ready to give me permanent detention for not letting her say no."

Willow grinned. "That sounds about right."

Sally suddenly busted down the doors. The rest of the Gryffindor Sisters were behind her.

"WHERE. IS. SAM?!"

"Called it," Mandy whispered. She looked up to address Sally. "Right over here. He's concussed, so don't do anything stupid."

Sally sprinted to Sam's side, worry washing away to reveal a tearful, grateful smile. She held his hand and squeezed it, brushing a strand of hair out of his face and watching his chest rise and fall, leaning her head on his shoulder. Willow felt a pang of guilt, but it was for more than one reason. Then, she literally felt a pang, this time one of pain. The color drained from her face as she realized the knife had punctured a rather important internal organ. Willow bit her lip so hard it started bleeding. Parvati suddenly saw the blood and noticed the tiny, shining hilt of Lucius's dagger protruding from deep within her abdominal walls.

"Oh my God, Willow!" she gasped. "Why haven't you gotten help yet? Madam Pomfrey! Madam Pomfrey!"

"I'm...fine," Willow said through gritted teeth. "Let her finish up with Cypress first."

The rest of the Gryffindor Sisters suddenly noticed the dagger, too. Mia paled and gripped Fay's hand, having to sit down. Lavender covered her mouth and started crying. Parvati looked ready to scream. Paige immediately picked Willow up and set her in a bed. She winced.