Year 2: Chapter 5

This is a picture that is 99% how I envision Paige! The main difference is Paige is a little thicker, definitely more muscular, because of soccer. Hope you're enjoying Willow's crazy life! Thanks for sticking with me this far. I know it's long, but it's hard to summarize when you want to let all the creativity out!

-Leaven

"Ginny. Come on."

"No."

"Ginny."

"No!"

"Don't make me get Fred and George. You, of all people, should know firsthand how overprotective they are."

"No!"

"Fine, suit yourself! I'm going to get them!"

Ginny sneezed violently as Willow exited the portrait hole and wandered the castle in search of the twins. The rest of September had flown by so quickly, she hardly had time to register it. A whole slew of colds had attacked the students of Hogwarts. It was so bad, in fact, that the House Exchange had been postponed to begin at the end of October instead. Willow couldn't tell whether she was relieved or sad about it. On one hand, she didn't know how facing Draco would have gone, since she hadn't spoken to him since the incident, but on the other, it might have forced them to come to terms with one another sooner rather than later. Draco had been coughing the whole week, though Willow was pretty sure he was faking it just so that he could skip the painful hours that they'd have to tolerate each other during class. Her heart broke every time she saw him anymore. At least she had been able to reconcile with Paige. The older girl continued on with life, taking Willow with her, and their relationship was back to normal. She couldn't be any more grateful to have an understanding friend like Paige in her messed-up life.

Suddenly, Lee Jordan appeared in front of her, very nearly bowling her over. He was at a full sprint, which was unusual for the rather lazy boy. His eyes lit up at the sight of Willow.

"Perfect timing! Come with me, quick!" he shouted, giving Willow no choice as he grabbed the front of her robes and dragged her down the corridors with him.

"Lee! What- " Willow yanked her shirt out of his hands and ran on her own two legs. "What in the name of Merlin are you doing? And what's that- " The vivid wrappings in Lee's hands were unmistakable. "You're pulling another prank? Alright, I'm in! What's the plan this time?"

"I knew I could count on you! Okay, Fred and George put some complicated charms on these fireworks. We need to give a certain celebrity a warm welcome." Lee's eyes shone excitedly. "Lockhart won't know what hit him!"

"Couldn't choose a better victim!" Willow exclaimed. She lowered her voice as they got closer to Lockhart's classroom. "Why are we sprinting, though? Did you almost get caught leaving class? Or do you somehow have a free hour at the same time as the second years?"

Lee waved away the question. "When do I not almost get caught? You've gotta live life on the edge every once in a while! Filch would definitely not approve, but hey, he's a grump. Maybe we'll put a smile on his face for once."

"Doubt it!"

Willow and Lee arrived at Lockhart's classroom, peeking in cautiously. A class of fifth years were barely paying attention as the self-absorbed excuse of a teacher raved about himself. Willow smiled with anticipation. They didn't know how much better their day was about to get.

"Camera at the ready?" Lee whispered.

"Light 'em up!"

Lee repositioned the fireworks one last time, then drew his wand, counted down from three, and set them off. The fireworks blasted into the classroom. There was a single gasp from the students, then cheering and applause. Lockhart yelped and tried to save his paintings. It was already too late. The fireworks had shot straight into most of his self-portraits, most of which were now shattered or screaming and trying to fix their hair. Red, blue, green, and yellow lit up the ceiling in different arrays of sparkling patterns, then arranged to display a single message, reading "Celebrity is as celebrity does!" Willow snorted in uncontrollable fits of laughter. Harry had told her not too long ago about the ridiculous things Lockhart had tried to tell him. Word must have gotten through to Fred and George, because this burn couldn't be a coincidence.