the beginning

I do not own any of these characters they are all Suzanne Collins

katniss pov

Today is the first day at my new high school since my moms got her new job. As much as I give credit to my mom for finally getting out there but I just got one friend and now I have to make more. My cousin clove is going into eleventh grade like me but I haven't seen her in years and she might have changed.

I jump in the shower real quick and grab a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I decided to wear something casual so I throw on a purple crop top and whit shorts and slip on my black flats. I do the usual braid and put on my necklace. I usually don't wear anything too girly but my dad gave me it and it is one of the happy memories I have about him since his death when I was little.

Once I get out of the car I am in awe. The school is huge so huge I don't know if I will be able to find the entrance. just when I'm about to ask someone for directions I hear my name.

"Katniss!" I hear a voice scream.

"clove?"I ask.

Wow!She has changed a lot since is a lot louder than I remember and more fashionable. She is wearing a black top and red shorts and white sneakers trust me it looks better when you see it.

we winder the halls until we see the numbers 202.We're here hmm not that bad yet.

"Hi clove nice to see you by the way do you know were room 202 is?"I question.

"actually I am going the next I will show you ,"she said

I follow her into the school and the only thing I can think is how the hell am I supposed to learn my way around this school.

"So, this is room 202 your home room. It looks like we have the a same schedule accept for when I have volleyball you have chorus but don't worry my friend Annie is in chorus I will have her show you around,"she states.

"sounds good," I say.

I enter the room ready for the high school adventure of my life.

I hope it was a good chapter I was trying to do get it done with so it might be quick but the next one will be longer