Home - 2

When Stark come back in the room, I mumble a quick thank you. He grins and says " Welcome. So you live in an orphanage?" my frown deepens and I mutter 

" Yes". 

" Which one?" he asks, oblivious to my discomfort. 

" Finkles." I sigh. He looks at me, confusion arching his eyebrow. 

" Why the long face, kiddo?" I avoid his gaze. " Its nothing." I can tell he didn't buy it. 

" Fine. My parents were both drug dealers, they were killed in a fight. And Ms. Finkle's isn't much better, I'm bullied and life sucks." Tony's mouth was agape as he fled the room. " Now you've done it, you scared him away! Nice going!" I thought to myself, then I buried my head under the covers.

♦♦♦~~♦♦♦~~♦♦♦

After a thousand tests and multiple  shots, they allowed me out of the  hospital. But that wasn't much better.  Ms. Finkle picked me up, and once we where out of sight of all the patients and doctors, she let out on me. 

" You stupid girl!! Do you know what a bad image you've created of me?!" I was silent. " Answer me you stupid bitch!!" She screamed. Then she raised her hand, about to slap me. I cringed and covered my face with my hand. 

" Ma' am if you think child fainting is bad press, what do you think child abuse will do for you." I grinned at the sound of Tony's voice. I un-covered my eyes and took in the scene in front of me. Tony's hand was holding Ms. Finkles wrist. Ms. Finkles mouth was agape and I could tell Tony was enjoying this. " I got the whole thing on tape." he said, then did his wink.