Clancy

Sorry, It took so long!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Internet Friends AU (meeting online)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Working from 9 am to 6 pm allows me to save money. Because I work so much, I never hang out with any of my friends. You might think '6 pm isn't that late you can still hang out with someone'. Here's the real story: I don't have any good friends. All I have are my work friends, and all of them annoy me. Except one she's alright to talk to for about an hour.

Today we got on the topic of meeting people online. She told me she met her boyfriend online. Instead of leaving it at that she gave me the website she used and some tips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now at home, I've created my profile and now just waiting. Not even a minute later I got a message. Opening this guys profile I read almost everything. 'This seems like a nice guy' I thought. Opening the message he sent me I read:

(Y/N) Clancy

I'll be your friend

'I may or may not have put I need friends as my bio.'

Well I'm glad I have one new friend

How was your day?

It was good I got a new job!

How was your day?

I didn't realize I was smiling as I continued to talk to him. When I stopped, I looked at the time, eyes widening I saw it was almost 1 in the morning. Since I had work in eight hours, I decided to tell him I had to go to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up a half an hour before I needed to be at work I sprinted out of my bed towards the bathroom. As quick as I could I got ready and rushed out the door. Due to traffic, I got to work with a minute to spare.

"Did you stay up late?" my co-worker asked behind me.

"I.. uh..went on the website last night," I said to her.

"And I'm guessing you meet someone on it."

"Yeah," I said as a smile graced my lips.

"You're welcome," she whispered to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next three months, I had a routine wake up at 8:30 am to go to work, get home by 6:30 pm, and go straight to talk to Clancy.

He's told me about his new job and what he does. I found it awesome when he said he got to travel, but not the part of exploring haunted places. I mean if he likes it I'll support him, but if I had a choice, I would go against it.

Right now he was talking to me about where he's going next week.

Y/N Clancy

We're going to be there Saturday night

They said it's an abandon farmhouse; the family went missing and foul play suspected. That's all they gave me.

Are you scared?

Of what?

I don't know. They didn't prepare you with any information. Where is it?

Dulvey, Louisiana.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was only a 3-hour drive away, so I decided to surprise him.

When I got to Dulvey, I asked the locals where I would find someone looking for a ghost hunt.

"Well, the only place that's scary is the Baker Farm," a local woman told me.

"But if you go there grab the one you are looking for and get out as fast as you can!" the man standing next to her exclaimed.

"I will, thank you," I said, shaking their hands and walking back to my car.

I drove as quickly as I could to the farm and found a white van parked out front. I saw Clancy grabbing stuff out of the back while the other two were talking. Shutting off my car I got out and ran over to them.

"Clancy!!" I screamed.

"Huh!... (Y/N)! What are you doing here?" he questioned.

"Well at first I was just here to surprise you, but now it turned into me saving your life," I answered quickly.

"Save my life?"

"Yes. The locals all say that if you walk in there you won't come out."

"But that's all a lie," a different voice talked back.

"Really! Then how come one lady told me that her son and his friends went in there. Do you think they came out?! No! Know you two can go in there, but I'm not letting you take Clancy! I have lost too many people in my life and I can't lose him!" I yelled.

"But (Y/N) it's my job," Clancy tried to argue.

"We'll find you a new job," I stated while I grabbed his wrist.

Dragging him to my car I pushed him in the passenger seat and got in. As I drove away I saw the other two grabbed the equipment Clancy was grabbing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two years since the incident and I couldn't be happier. Clancy had moved in with me and he got a job working with a local YouTuber making short films. Obviously, he's the cameraman.

Right now we were sitting in the living room watching TV.

"I'm glad you decided to surprise me two years ago," Clancy whispered to me.

"And why do you say that?" I asked.

"Because we haven't heard anything from those two and they're the type of people that if they're right they'll rub it in your face."

"Well I didn't want to lose you, so I had to step in."

"And I'm glad you did."

Smiling to myself I grabbed his face in my hands and pulled him into a slow passionate kiss.

I'm so glad I could save him that day!