Chris Redfield (part 1)

Royal AU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Growing up I always wished I could be more. I know being a princess one day I will rule the kingdom. My father tells me I have to get a husband before I start to rule.

Before I could continue my metal rant, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I yelled.

I watched as my handmaid, Zoey, walked in. She silently walked over to my folding room divider that was in the corner. She sat something down then walked over and opened the curtains.

"Good morning Zoey," I said.

"Good morning your majesty," she replied.

As I got out of bed, Zoey walked out into the hallway. She came back in with a beautiful red and gold dress. It wasn't a ball gown, so I knew right away I was going somewhere. Of course, the dress was secured to my body with a corset. It had large bell sleeves and a square neckline. The whole dress was red with gold details on the front and edges.

"Zoey. Where did you get this dress?" I asked taking it in my hands.

"Your mother sent me into town yesterday and told me to find a dress. She told me to get a big fancy dress, but I knew you would hate it," she said with a slight smirk on her face.

"Gosh you're the best," I excitedly said and pulled her into a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right before I was done getting dressed my mother walked through the door.

"Does she know how to knock?" I whispered to Zoey.

Zoey giggled at my comment but had to stop before my mother heard her. Mother walked around the false wall to stand right in front of me.

"That is not the dress I wanted you to get her. This is the third time you have not listened to my orders. I have no choice-,'" my mother started.

"You can't get rid of her! She keeps me happy and sane. Do you want me to be a good ruler or a bad one?" I asked cutting her off.

"What does that have to do with her?" mother questioned me.

"She is the most help we get around here. She helps me take control when I need to. And she makes me feel confident. So if you get rid of her I will go with her," I stated.

She didn't say anything else just left in a huff. I watched her leave with a smirk on my face.

"Did you mean all that?" Zoey whispered behind me.

"Of course I do. You're my best friend I can't lose you," I whispered back and pulled her into a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After having some breakfast I walked out to the garden to do some much-needed reading. Before I could start reading a servant came up to me.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"You are needed in the throne room milady," he stated.

"Thank you," I told him.

Getting up I started my way to the throne room saying hello to everyone on the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking into the throne room I saw a man standing off to the side. He was very handsome if he was a good person he could be my husband.

"Good your here," mother said.

"We need you to go to a neighboring village to ask them to join us," my father spoke.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you are almost at the age of marriage and we need to know if you will be a good ruler."

"I can do it. Thank you, father."

I was smiling thinking I was going to do this by myself, but my thoughts were cut short when my mother spoke.

"You will not be going alone. Chris is one of the best knights we have. Because we want to keep you safe he must go with you," she explained.

I didn't want to ruin my chance by acting like a child so I keep my mouth shut. Nodding my head, I turned to leave back to the garden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reading in the garden has always calmed my nerves. I was told that I leave tomorrow morning to head to the village, so I had time to spare.

"Do you always come out here to read?" I heard someone ask from behind me.

Taking a look behind me I saw Chris standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Do you always stalk people?" I asked looking back at my book.

He took a seat next to me and said, "look I know you don't want me to go with you tomorrow, but I have to."

"And why do you have to?"

"Not only is it my job to protect you. But I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt."

"I am not going to get hurt! I can protect myself!" I said out of anger and rushed away from him.

*Chris' P.O.V.*

I watched her rush away when I heard footsteps to my left. Looking towards the sound I saw one of my good friend Ethan.

"You love her don't you?" he asked with his eyebrow raised.

"Was it that obvious?" I answered while looking back in the direction (Y/N) ran off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There will be a PART 2!!!