One

01|Bus

_____      

_____      

You had work that day. One more shift at the small library you worked at five times a week. That job was truly your dream one, books, knowledge, beautiful places and new things to discover. What more could you ask for?

They had always told you you were a bright girl. It just never occured to you to listen to them. You simply didn't care. You didn't want to spend your life working in a small office, signing papers with boring information written on them with the finest of care. You wanted to live.

You wanted your life to become like the ones that everyone read in the books and dreamed that they could call their own. You wanted it so much, that you would simply deny to settle for anything less than that. You would only be okay as long as you were happy. Truly happy.

You entered the bus with a bouncy step, your chunky leather boots clicking onto the hard ground.

Your shift started in about ten minutes from now. It would take you five to get to your work with the yellow bus, and two minutes to walk to the store. You would once again be early.

Your eyes roamed the seats meticulously, not missing out on a single person that sat on the relaxing chairs.

Guess you would be standing.

Your thin fingers circled around the metal pole next to you, the other hand clutching onto the camera that was strapped around your neck.

That camera was your most personal belonging. The digital object allowed you to show the world what you could see with your own two eyes. It gave you the chance to capture the evening sunset that unfolded into a pallete of yellow shades of the sky into one picture. Your most precious moment could be held into this single human creation, and never be forgotten. There was nothing more important to you than that.

Your head whipped to the side at the sound of the doors colliding together. Your body lurged forward as the bus started to move. The world outside dissapeared in a flash, everything  became indistinguishable through the blurry windows.

Your gaze fixed on a single man that was standing close to the exit, one hand loosely holding onto the bar. His head was looking down at his cell phone as his thumbs pressed onto the keyboard mechanically.

You studied him. He had light pink hair that perfectly accentuated his lightly tanned skin tone, his clear complexion lacking a single flaw.
His side profile was undeniably attractive too. A harsh jaw, small nose and incredibly plump, fuschia lips. His fitted jeans, flymsy checked shirt and square sunglasses making up the perfect look. A black large backpack was hung off of his shoulders. He definetely had plans, you could see it in the way he carried himself that maybe he was going to do something important. He brought out that kind of confidence

You were definetely curious to learn what he was planning on doing, but it was none of your bussiness. It would never be, and yours was none of his.

The man's loud voice echoed through the speakers, calling out the next stop, which was also yours.

The doors slid open. You stepped out into the morning air once again, walking back to the book store at the end of the road.

It was a beautiful morning that day, the way the clouds covered the sun with their faint shadow, the light breeze that hit your face calmly. It was going to be a good day.

You entered the store, greeting your boss a cheerful goodmorning.

_____

So how was it?

I know this was nothing, but bare with me cause it's only the start.

Thankyou for reading.