thirty one

31|toxins

_______

You flicked the drink you had in your hands, letting it hang off the corners of your fingers delicately. It was  crystal, yes, but even beautiful things ended up broken.

You consumed the remainance of the glass with one long sip. Your throat burnt in result. You didn't care though. You got up and walked to the other side of the room with a hasty step. Infront of you, a half empty bottle of whiskey. You were already at your third glass, but one more wouldn't hurt would it?.

Thruthfully, you never were much of a drinker, and you never really understood how people just drank their feelings away with toxins and chemicals, poisons dressed in pleasure. These past few days, as your fatique worsened, and in result brough the worst out of you, aswell as the feelings a certain bubblegum-haired boy had created, you were starting to get it.

It was the third night in a row you used alcohol as an excuse to de-stress. With everything going on, you weren't sure how much more you could handle. Even with three cups of coffee a day and with taking your sleeping schedule a couple hours back, your head throbbed and you were finding focus hard to stick around for longer than a span of a couple of minutes.

You put your drink aside, deciding against it and reaching for your phone.

All sense of poise and rationality had flown away from your reach. You didn't quite like that. Feeling out of place was a nightmare to you.

You pressed the phone onto your ear. It beeped three times.

“Hello?” a woman's voice was heard from the other end of the line.

You snickered. A bit tipsy but in a place to know what you were saying.
“Clara! Hi”. You paused. “It's Sooyun here”.

“Ohh, Sooyun, how are you?” She sounded surprised.

You stopped to think. “I'm not feeling very well actually, that's why I called. I hope I'm not interrupting anything”.
Lying was the best option. The only option. Even if in reality it was only half a lie.

“No, not at all” she assured me. “How can I help you?”.

“Well, I was wondering if maybe you could cover my shift tomorrow. It's a handful, I know, and you'll be alone but I'd really appreciate it. I'll even guide you through what you have to do”.

Clara remained quiet for a moment. “Yeah, sure, why not”.

You smiled cheekily. “Thankyou, I'll send you the list tomorrow morning”.