forty three

43 | happy ending

_____

They hadn't made much of it. The sear amazement on their faces that bordered to puzzlement was evident. But as Jimin had run back stage only a second later they had seemed to place it at the back of their minds and followed you close to your seat. They sat stiffly, watching the remainance of the performance. It was a short part, but it felt like forever with the tension that surrounded you. Jungkook especially, he had this mischievous smile on his face, this familiar glow in his eyes. He shot quick glimpses your way every once in a while, giving you a sense of discomfort. That stopped when the lights went off, opening to reveal all the competing teams standing on the stage. It was time for the awards. Your gaze immediately, almost automatically settled over the one silver haired boy in white. Jimin stood out, a sparkly aura around him. You smiled to yourself. 

You had been too caught up in your thoughts to catch all of the previous monologue, but when you heard them call out the name of his team, you stood while clapping loudly. Cheering, feeling eased. 

"They won" Taehyung spoke. His features shined with joy. "They really won".

Hoseok stepped forward, shocked and taken aback, in a good way. He gently bowed down, grabbing the small trophy, envelope and flowers from the man's hands. You could tell he was trying to remain calm, serious, proffesional, but then, that was Hoseok. He was somber when it came to his work. He'd learnt to fit for the role, as one had to do in order to make it, and hide his true flourishing sentiments. Joining his team, they all made one long chain of people, coming forward and bowing down. The whole theater broke into loud applause, cheers, hyping them up. A beautiful, unique moment. It warmed your heart. You supported them, Jimin, Hoseok, no matter what, but when others did so...You couldn't begin to imagine how they felt standind on that stage after giving it your all, for what you do best, what you love, and being paid off. Maybe you'd discover that too someday. Hopefully Jimin would be in your corner when you did so. 

It was not long after when the pair met you outside, red, hot, and out of their costumes. 

"Wooooooo" Namjoon shouted, hands next to his mouth, creating a loud sound.

Hoseok danced to Namjoon's beat, overly cheerful with a face that screamed happiness. Jimin on the other hand had turned as red as a tomato, flustered and embarassed as all of the attention was on him. He tried to contain his smile, but failed to do so. His eyes turned into slits, dissappearing under his joyful wrinkles. Shaking it off, he approached you, but did nothing more. He stood close, and somehow that was enough.

About an hour later you were back at Jimin's place, fighting about pinneaple on pizza and laughing over the hilarious banter between Seokjin and Hoseok.

Jungkook was still acting weird. The mischief remained evident in his doe eyes. But you shook it off. You were having fun. You were with all the people you loved, trusted, having the most fun you'd had in a long time. You rocked back and forth, falling onto Jimin's shoulder who sat next to you. Your eyes met his, mind wandering and getting lost in a familiar universe. Park Jimin; he was yours, and you were his. It wasn't science, but would you have believed the annoying bubblegum-haired boy who so coincidentially happened to be wherever you were would ever become the one to spark wellness in your life? Not ever. Perhaps it was that back then, when your life was mundane and you lonely you'd stopped believing it could change. You'd come to terms with the fact that if you were going to remain the same, so would everything close to you. But then that's why you fell for him. Jimin wasn't boring or ordinary. He resembled the air; breezy and care-free, light and beautiful, dancing around you and sometimes creating chaos. The sweeteness ouzed out of him, love laced in every word. More than that, you trusted him. You trusted him to excite you, to care for you, to be you. 

You cuddled close to him. Jimin's lips turned up further. 

"So" Jungkook started, throwing his cards onto the deck. "Are you guys dating again or what?".

There it was. The question no one had asked and everyone wantedthe answer to. 

"Actually" Jimin looked at you deeply. "We're together now. Like, officially".

Seokjin stood, flailing his arms in the air in form of success. "Finally".

"Congratulations guys". Namjoon winked. 

"I told you they'd get back together".

"Wait" I spoke, sounding offended. "Who didn't think we would?".

There was an eery silence, awkward, uncomfrotable. 

Everyone remained quiet.

"That's not important" Seokjin took his words back, guilt sinking. 

You gave all of them a death stare, but in reality, taking in the six familiar faces; Namjoon, Yoongi, Taehyung, Hoseok, Seokjin, Jungkook, your heart smiled. These were your friends. Out of all the people in the world, all the bad and insincere, these were the ones you walked with. Yes they were annoying, picky, loud and embarassing, but they were also caring, sweet, kind and unique. They were good friends. They were good people. You couldn't ask for better though you would never tell them that. It would get to their heads. 

Even when the path became rocky, it straightened again. It seemed that when it came to destiny there wasn't much life could do to spin it around. It played with it sometimes. It messed everything up, but what what was exciting about stableness?.

"Let's make a toast huh?". Hoseok suggested, picking his glass up from the table next to him.

Seokjin's face molded into one of question. "We never to that".

"Well, we will now". He insisted. 

"But-".

"Just do it will you?" Yoongi insisted, and everyone looked for their glasses around the room. "We have a reason this time".

"And what's the toast?". Jimin asked, holding his wine glass in the air. 

Taehyung shifted in his seat. "How about..." He thought, shooting a glance at every single one of us. "To walking a life together?".

Meeting eyes, we all nodded in agreement. 

"To walking a life together". We spoke in unison. 

The moment was almost heartbreaking, swimming in beauty, but before you had the time to let the importance of it sink in the doorbell rung, and Jungkook hastily got to his feet to answer it. "Ramennnnn!" He shouted. 

And it seemed everything was going to be okay. 

______

Well I know this isn’t the best chapter but to me it still felt like an end. I'm happy with this being where the story leaves you. I hope you are too. I just wanted to say a huge thankyou to all of you for sticking with me and reading this story. It means alot to me that you gave this a shot. Gave me a shot. Every comment, every vote, it makes me smile. I hope this story made you feel something too. Looking back, though I haven't read the finished book from beginning to end, It's a simple story of two very complicated people, but in a simple everyday way. It's a story to make you feel good. It was always meant to have a happy ending.

It's been long, so it will be sad not to write this baby anymore. It's my second work ever. But I'm also happy it's over because I can start working on new things.

Incase you are interested I have two on going stories, much different from this one on my profile. My most popular: Orange Deficiency is an action packed, angsty, emotional rollercoaster of a story featuring Jungkook and Lee Sora, the baddest girl in town;). Starting from a peculiar romance, it turns into an ongoing mystery.

My new book: pages in the wind follows Kim Taehyung and Won Euna as they live their life in fun. Also a care free, inspirational romance its about dreams and fun and living your life to the fullest. A high school romance of a young writer, a basketball player and a friend trying to bring adventure into Euna's life. When Taehyung finds pages to an  anonymous story, what will he do?.

I also have my completed first story, a Taehyung fanfiction called wings about a girl discovering a new, angelic world. It's not the one I'd advise because my writing has changed drastically and I have learned alot since then but Its still my baby and I still love it. The storyline itself is something I'm quite proud of.

I hope to see you on one of these too.

Everyone stay healthy, safe and drink water! Take breaks when you need to. I support you and I love you.

P.S. Epilogue might be coming.

LOVE, N.