twelve

12|Resital

———

You admired your reflection in the mirror, for once you actually looked nice. Every aspect of your outfit complimenting the other. You dusted down your black, linen button up dress which you had brought incase of emergency, and this was one of them, letting your hair fall over your shoulders. You applied a last bit of mascara on your long eyelashes, taking your camera and phone and leaving the small hotel room.

You roamed the streets carelessly, extremely early and oblivious as to where you were going.

You would find your way, somehow.

________

Jimin paced around the chaotic space backstage, his footsteps loud against the linoleum floor. He was getting nervous, more than he usually did, he knew had no room for mistakes.

He looked at himself in the mirror, his faded pink hair falling over his eyebrows softly, eyelids softly painted  in complimentary shades of eyeshadow. Mostly, it was the outfit he was proud of, he had planned it all by himself. The white saten shirt that covered his muscular form, and black jeans that were tightly clinging onto his legs, a metal ring attached to his belt-loop.

“Jimin you have two minutes” A staff member shouted for him so he could be heard over the loud cheers and banters, his voice barely audible over the noises.

He stopped pacing, taking a deep, long breath, clearing his thoughts, remembering why he was there in the first place.

“You're up” The man came close, signalling for him to get to the stage from a small entrance, communicating with someone through his microphone.

Jimin's shaky body felt weak as he stepped onto the dim-lit, almost dark stage. The whole place went quiet, and then the music started, the intense instrumentals bursting through the speakers.

Jimin stood in the middle, a bright light shining over him, his body completely still.

“naege malhae
neoui dalkomhan misoro naege”

Jimin's body started moving to the rythm of the notes, his mind roaming freely as he got caught up in his steps.

“naegeseo tteona tteona tteonajwo”

His movements were fast, sharp, free. He completed every part of the choreo precisely.

“Caught in a lieee”

It was just him, him and his dance.

He could feel adrenaline running through his veins as he put all his energy in his solo stage. He danced
with all his passion, his heart was there, he was sure it was obvious. Nothing else was on his mind, everything was blank. It felt like euphoria, and the heat, the intensity, he felt all of it. He felt alive.

It was the only thing on this earth that could create those emotions, it was his first, and only love.

It was unexplainable.

“i gotongeseo heeonal su eobseo
beolbanneun nareul guhaejwo”

The last lyrics played, the song coming to an end as he stopped, panting loudly. The music fading slowly with the sound of the violin strings being caressed.

It was his song.
His production, his voice, his lyrics.
A little help put into it by his hyungs too, but every part of this stage, was his truest, most bare self.

That's what dancing did to him.

The room remained quiet, not a single sound but Jimin's heavy breathing.

What's going on? He thought, a surge of disappointment hitting his chest.

Then, the croud roared, the audience applauding his performance loudly, echoing through the space.

“That was Park Jimin performing lie”
The presenter announced, coming up and standing next to the pink haired boy.

You clapped endlessly, mesmerised but what you just saw, as if it was some soft of powerful sorcery.

Your eyes met his as he searched through the crowd, a bright smile etching onto his face as they met yours.

You bowed to him in repsect, hands clutching onto the soft fabric of your dress.

Without a doubt, your breath had been taken away, stolen almost.

It was captivating.

———

I know it was short and not very good? But I hope you are enjoying it so far.