twenty five

25|an unexpected turn

______

“So where are you taking me exactly?” You asked trying to keep your balance as you walked over to the restaurant with Jimin's hands covering your eyes.

“You'll know really soon” He giggled as he spoke, making your heart flutter. It was probably the cutest thing he'd done ever since you met him. Even though you were basically walking blindfolded, you trusted him to guide you through the crowded streets and catch you before you fall.

“How soon?” You asked, your stomach growling. You were starting to feel hungry.

“Hmm...” Jimin mumbled, thinking. “How about right now?”.

He came to a halt. Opening your eyes you saw a beautiful place, ritzy and bright, styled with expensive shades of beige and yellow tinted lights.

“What is this place Jimin?” You asked, and Jimin crept up behind you, startling you. “Let yourself be a princess for a night”. He whispered in your ear, and you instantly felt the chills move down your spine.

He was being too much of a question mark, and that scared you in the slightest.

You finally entered the restaurant, and Jimin left you for a second, going to speak to the man at the reception table to confirm his reservation.

While standing there, you took in your surroundings. Everything was beautiful. From the curtains that drapped over the large windows, to the wooden seating areas. On each table sat a vase full of freshly picked flowers, all in the shades of white and cream along with the silver cutlerry perfectly lined around the plates and glasses that sat on the clothed table.

People of all ages were sitting around the room, all wearing from fancy dresses to monochrome suits, coming here to enjoy an evening out with their partners.

“Allow me to guide you to your table” The man at the reception said to Jimin with a kind smile.

Jimin swallowed hard as he turned around, his gaze falling onto you. He raised his hand at the hostler, gesturing for him to wait for a second and let him be, let you be. “Just one second”.

“As you wish Sir” He replied, going back to the desk at the entry.

Jimin stood there. He just stood in the middle of the foyer, watching you from behind. You were lost in your own world. You simply co-existed with everything and everyone around you, but shone brighter that any other could. Your eyes; they sparkled, and even from the side, even without staring right into them, Jimin could travel in another space in time just by the look of them. That's who he was taking out on a date that night. Mayhaps he was the luckiest man on earth. He did seem to have found the treasure after all, it just wasn't his yet.