twenty seven

27|a flash from the past

_____

"Guess who's back?" Jimin heard a familiar voice shout from the front door and jogged out of his room and into the living area.

"Namjoon" He spoke loudly, walking towards him and giving him a big hug. He wasn't a very big fan of emotionless bro-hugging. Namjoon smiled brightly and Jimin called him to sit over at the couch with him and chat, but Namjoon stopped him.

“I can't stay, I have to be home soon but I just thought it would be nice to stop by since your place was on my way”. Namjoon explained, picking up his suitcase from the side while Jimin nodded in understanding.

Namjoon had been away for a few weeks, almost a month now as he had gone to visit his parents that lived out of town. He had missed alot.

"But I thought we could all meet up later on and catch up" Jimin leaned against the door. "Yeah, sure"

"How's eightish?" Namjoon suggested.

"Sounds great, your place?". He approved of Jimin's suggestion and shot him his famous dimpled smile before walking out of the apartment.

"See you later" Jimin smiled back and Namjoon closed the door behind him, the sound of his footsteps lowering as he dissapeared down the hall.

Jimin stood there in the living room, thinking.

He had no other plans for the day, and it was still pretty early in the morning. So with that, Jimin ran into his room, grabbed his duffle bag and put on a pair of shoes. Then left his apartment, heading out to the streets.

He's missed it; dancing. Especially on the roads, in the fresh air.

Everyone was just super busy lately, even you. You were working extra shifts and had found yourself with alot more of a workload than you had prepared for ever since Changho had been away. The store was going along well though, so that relieved you even in the slightest.

With the thought of you in his mind, Jimin came up with a plan. He sprinted all the way to the other side of town where he set up his gear right infront of a familiar book store. He smiled mischievously, getting a hat out of his bag and placing it a few metres away from him. Jimin glanced at the window, pressing the play button, music blasting out into the streets.

Weirdly, there weren't too many performers in that area that day. Seoul was usually packed with dancers and musicians, street performers, but it was rather quiet that day. For Jimin though, that was a good thing.

Jimin flipped in the air, and loud cheers and claps broke out from the small crowd that had formed around him.

_

You tried really hard to concentrate on your work that day, getting frustrated over the paper work you were required to do, which you hated. You wished you could back out, but sadly, you had already agreed to this. Changho was clear that there was no taking this back.