forty one

41|preparation

______

It was a hectic day. Jimin had been meeting you every day that past week, but as the day of the recital was nearing, practice sessions started piling up as they took up spots in his schedule.

Sweat lined around his forehead. It trickled down his cheek and made a path all the way to his spine, his shirt damp as it clinged onto his body. To say he was exhausted would be an understatement. He was more like a dead person, out of breath and pale, pacing around the room and clinging onto every remaining piece of his energy as Hoseok insisted on them to repeat their choreography for the twelfth time in a row. They had no other choice. It had been long since their studio had participated in a recital as team, especially one of this importance. So, they wanted everything to be perfect. Or as close to that as they could get it. It certainly didn't help that Hoseok found such importance in the details, because as cheerful as a person as he was he was equivalent to that of a strickt coach, but he was also a hell of a great one.

Around half an hour had passed when they finished morning practice. Jimin had four hours until he had to go back to the studio to work on his solo piece.

He hastily made his way home, stripped himself from his clothes and stepped into the shower. After three hours of intense dancing he didn't want to think about the stench that surrounded him. He could feel the sweat that had dried into his skin. It was invisible, but he could feel it. Scrubbing his torso with his palm he thought of what to do next. He'd been holding something back for long now, maybe too long, but he couldn't avoid it anymore. Thing were better. There was no reason to do so.

The steamed surrounded him when Jimin finally turned off the water and quickly covered himself with a fresh pair of clothes. He put his head down and rubbed his hair with the small towel he held, riding of a few of the droplets that found their way down his shirt. He then took his phone out of his jacket's pocket and scrollef through his long list of contacts to find the one he was looking for. Eyes going crazy, fingers moving fast. 

It rang three times. 

"Sooyun" He rushed to speak, cutting you off at your greeting. "What are you doing right now?".

"Like right now?". 

"Yes, right at this moment". His heartbeat was out of control, and Jimin wasn't sure why that was. He'd thought he'd learnt to control himself after so long. Deep down though, whether he wanted to deny it or not, he knew the reason. It was crystal clear. You two had been seeing eachother for quite a while after your long-lasting fight, but nothing too exclusive. No one knew. Only the two of you, Changho and Clara. All of the boys were oblivious. Hoseok wouldn't come to thing of it with how busy he'd made Jimin by giving him extra practice, and for that same reason he either had no time or energy to catch up with the rest.With your secret meetings and slowly mending relationship, it was all foggy on his side. 

"I'm finishing off at work-"

"Do you have any plans?" He cut you off. He couldn't stop himself. He had to see you. 

He could tell you were hesitating to answer. Perhaps he'd been a little over excited, or just annoying. The line between them was blurring more and more as time ticked away. "I don't think so".

He smiled to himself. "Come over" He stopped, trying to calm himself. "I want to see you".

There was a pause. He could picture you raising your eyebrow as you usually did when he made such remarks. "Ok".

That's it? ok? He thought to himself. It sounded rather positive though, so he'd accept your blunt answer. As long as he could see you, he'd take whatever he could get. "I'll be waiting". 

The call simply ended after that. 

Jimin waited...and waited...and waited some more. He'd started to think you wouldn't show up. Maybe he'd scared you off. Maybe if he hadn't been so overly confident you would've shown up by now. It felt he'd been waiting for an eternity, so it was excused that disappointment was starting to bloom and he'd started to grow impatient. 

When the bell rang Jimin's heart skipped a beat. But he didn't get his hopes up. 

He trudged to the door and opened it with a ghost of a smile on his face, so much no one would pick up on it's absence. 

"I'm so sorry I was late" A pair of arms wrapped around his waist as you entered the cozy apartment. Jimin was startled, but then eased under your touch. "I hope you weren't waiting for me". 

"Oh no, no" He lied. It would break him to admit to his frailty and now dwindiling discouragment, even if it made him a liar. 

You let go of him, and Jimin guided you to the living room with all of his senses in a high. He sat down next to you, though not too close. Yes, he was acting weird but he didn't want too come off too strong, again, which only made you question him even more.

You shook it off, scooting closer to your boyfriend whom you obviously loved so much and who was not at all strange only to see him calm down, his chest rising and falling steadily. "So..." You started. "What do you want to do?".

Jimin's leg shook vexidly. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something".

That explains alot. You thought.

You pressed your hand onto his knee firmly, moving in closer and staring him straight in the eye. Jimin immediately put his shoulders back, regaining his momentarily lost confidence and searching his mind for the best way to start. He was overly stressed for such a simple matter.

"Go ahead" Your voice was laced with honey and kindness poured from your mouth. "I'm all ears".

But he was no talk.

"I-I have a recital coming up, next Saturday, it's right outside of town and it's very important. It's a big deal. I need someone there to dance for, to look for in the crowd, because I've been given a big part of responibility and trust and I really don't want to fail. I can't fail, you know?". He stopped, only to realise he'd been blabbing on for too long and not getting to the point. He came to face your beautiful, sparkling eyes. They were glittering with love and serenity. 

He took a deep breath. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, will you come with me?".

There was a short pause. Total silence. He could hear both of your hearts.

You came to take in his sweetness. He was thoughtful, and big gestured, and kind and everything about him was beautiful, even his ugly jealous parts. That didn't make any sense, but love didn't either. The only thing you knew about love was that you loved Park Jimin. "Yes".

Jimin turned to look at you. "What?". 

"I said, yes, i'll come with you". You scrunched your nose, getting closer to his face. 

"Yes?" He asked, eyes wide. 

"Yes".

With a swift move he grabbed you by the waist and picked you up. He twirled you in the air, and the room filled with laughter.