The hunt

Ash was sitting on the branch of an old oak tree, he spent the morning taking pictures of birds. Not very manly or super adventurous but he gave himself extra points every time he was able to get extra close to one of his feathered prey. Now it was a little before noon and the sun was beating down his neck. He could hear Helen's voice telling him how he should have worn sunscreen. Rolling his eyes at that, he took a spoon full of his can of fruit cocktail as he started off at the bright horizon.

"You ditched me yesterday" The familiar voice made him jump and he reached to stable himself on the branch, letting his lunch fall. He frowned and turned to glare at his laughing prankster.

"That was all I brought to eat"

"Good, now you won't reject my offer to have lunch with my pack" Martez responded easily taking a seat beside him. Ash inches away.

"Or I can just go back into town, buy something else" He countered.

"If you could afford it" Martez counter-countered. Ash couldn't! He'd spent a huge chunk of his savings spending money on the waterproof gear and equipment. He had a very strict budget to stick to.

Of course, he could always go and join Helen and the others for lunch but he was sure that she wouldn't let him join unless he was bathed and elegantly dressed, nor would she allow him to leave after the socializing and light flirting was done.

He could always go hungry for a few hours. His stomach growled and despite himself and the blush that was heating his cheeks, he glanced over at his stacker alpha and the grin he wore on his sculpted face.

"I'll take that as a yes"

Ash narrowed his eyes, forcing his embarrassment at bay.

"You seemed to happy for someone who just ruining someone else's lunch. Is that a norm for you alphas?" Ash hissed at him. As usual, Martez took no offense, on the contrary, his eyes light up in amusement. Ash didn't know whether to feel relieved or insulted.

"You've been eating nothing but canned food for lunch since the day we met, figured I'll show you how it's done"

"Only because I'm hungry" Ash defended. Martez smirked, swinging himself off the branch and landing on the forest floor with ease. A weaker man would have felt inclined to follow his lead, Ash climbed down.

"Good, in that case, you have to help me to hunt" Martez spook as he watches Ash make his way to the ground.

"Hunt?" The omega shouted back " Hunt what?" He added reaching the floor and dusting his hands.

"Lunch," Martez said in a flat tone as if it was obvious.

"There's a convenience store like 20 minutes that way" Ash pointed out, throwing a thumb over his shoulder. Martez looked at him with a stoic expression for a moment then his thin pink lips pulled into that smirk Ash hated to no end. That look of superiority that shone in his green eyes, a full brow slightly raised. He then crossed an arm over his chest and use it to propped his elbow as he placed a hand under his chin. His fingers gently scratching at his short, tended beard. An action that would look thoughtful if not for the teasing air flaunting around him.

"You know, I've never taken you for a house pet?" He said and Ash blinked. Surely he heard wrong.

"Excuse me?"

Martez sighed then gave a full body shrugged.

"It's okay," He started to say, his eyes locking with Ash's in that way they usually did just before they fell into some random competition. " Let the big strong alpha do all the work, I'm kind enough to leave you a bone, or two"