The Yellow Dress

The 15th meant nothing, it didn't change anything significant, there was no deeper meaning or any symbolic representation. Just a day where the higher-ups randomly decided Alphas, generals and important representatives should be surrounded and waited on by omegas while being out of the eyes of the common people.

For some omegas it was an important point in their life, they were two weeks shy of meeting the person that was made from them, their other half. It was when anxiety hit!

And Ash could hardly breathe. From the time he set foot in the city center he'd been treating the whole thing like the Ceremony lunmenessia was light years away. He hadn't thought of it, and with everything that's been happening, he put himself in an illusion that it would last forever.

Not even when he was confronted by Chris the other day did his bubble pop. It took one certain moment to shatter everything! An alpha, a redheaded kid and a kiss that almost happened. He had a crush, Tory had said it but how could he have believed him? Developing feelings for someone when he was on a slow walk towards death was beyond stupid! And he thought himself smarter than that.

Ash slouched, his shoulder falling as a heavy sigh left his lips.

"Stand straight!" The grumpy old tailor snapped at him and he obeyed under the threat of large pointy needles.

In honor of the over glorified night of the 15th, all the Omega were acquired to be at their best. He was to look, as Helen had put it, flawless. Which meant, last-minute fittings at the tailors, jewelry shopping, spas and manni peddies, hairdressing appointments and having their makeup done by a professional. A whole bunch of useless spending if you'd asked Ash, but it was for that reason that no one ever asked him.

And though he rather continue as he's been doing from the beginning, Helen told him to suck it up for a day and then stuck Bruce on him as a guard. The tall omega glanced at the larg built retired warrior via the full body mirror. The older man caught him looking and waved. No way was Ash getting past him!

"You're done!" The grumpy old man said and Ash let out a breath of relief.

"Thank you," He said, more out of practice than from actual gratitude. They've been at it for hours, he was exhausted. But if he'd known that he'd be seated next to Val at the salon he would have happily stood with his back straight and his arms in suspense for two maybe three more hours.

The short golden blond boy was doing a killer job at ignoring Ash. With a team of stylish, one on each hand and foot and then another for his hair, it wasn't too difficult and the tall omega found that he'd sometimes forget that Val was even sitting beside him. But when all was done, his nails both toes and fingers, clean, cut, painted and left to dry. His hair in rollers under a heater and his ass falling asleep while the boredom ate at him.

He turned to the shorter omega. Val's head back and he had slices of cucumber over his lids as while the rest of his face, much like Ash's, was masked in a mod brown. He looked so peaceful.

"What!" Val spoke and Ash nearly jumped. 

"I'm bored." The oldest complained. The blond didn't even pause.

"Sounds like your problem," Val said. There was a moment of silence for a while as Ash looked for a topic they could share. Not like they had much and common.

"How's the waiter?" Ash suddenly stated, to his surprise Val shot up from his position, the sliced vegetables fell to his lap as he fixed his glare on the taller omega.

"Are you planning on using that to get your way every time?" He hissed at him and Ash rolled his eyes.

"I'm not using anything Val, I was being honestly curious! He seemed to be important to you," Ash voiced in all honesty before leaning back into his seat. He wanted to kill his boredom not start a fight.