Epilogue

First of all, let me apologize for the late posting. I was supposed to work only yesterday morning, but an emergency had me staying until the end of the day. Though I tried, I couldn't stay awake long enough to finished and post the chapter.  Sorry. 

Also, I realize that I failed to inform the general readers that Tory, will be having his own story which I will start publishing in September. (I like having chapters on reserve before posting). The rest of what's left of this month would be dedicated to completing my other story, The Prince, while post one or two one-shots that I had already prepared a long while ago.  

Now, without further chitchat, please enjoy. 

Mornings requested by Marshmallow Faces

Ash awoke the unfamiliar sight of an empty bed. Confused and slightly worried he quickly got up, prepared for the day and left the tent with the intention of finding his mate. As he steped out, he was greeted by the setting moon one side and the rising sun on the next. They were at the top of a Montaigne, and though the view warmed the soul, the weather froze everything else.

"Good morning Lu-Ash" An early riser greeted as she was passing past his shared tent carrying two large boxes.

"Good morning" He returned her greeting, quickly stepping forwards and freeing her from one of her loads. She thanked him with a nod "Weren't you on breakfast duty yesterday? Isn't it Jackson's turn today?" He asked. Ignoring the blush that formed on the young girl's cheeks at the mere mention of the boy's name

"He begged me to take his turn this week. I didn't have anything plan so..." She trailed off. Ash changed the conversation and they fell into a pleasant chat as they came to what was known as their open flame kitchen. And he began aiding her and the rest of the kitchen team in making breakfast for the masses

"Sasha!" Franky called, distracting the omega from his task of dicing vegetables.

"Don't call me that" He turned to meet the beta with a frown. His job easily took on by another as he steps away. 

"Since you're already up" Franky began ignoring his complaint, "I got a list of docs for you to look over"

Ash wasn't even shocked, every time he saw Frankly there was more work added to his plate. But after half a year in Northern Star, he had grown used to the workaholic second in command. And manage to dodge him on most days.

"It'll have to wait until afternoon, I got a few meeting with the docs about raising their budget" He responded.

"Speaking about budgets. I need last month sheets" The beta says. Ash forced a smile.

"I'll get them for you" He promised with no spacial or temporary indications. Goddess knows he it wouldn't be anytime soon. Franky was about to ask the famous, 'When' only, to be thankfully, interrupted by a tall gorilla built older man.

"Beta," He greeted Franky and then turned to Ash and repeated the courteous bow. " Good morning Luna" The omega inwardly cringed at the title.

"My name is Ash" He corrected, knowing good and well that Haze would never change his way of address him. Nor would anyone under his command as the head hunters. "Good morning" He greeted back.

"We'll be taking the new recruits out hunting in a few, well you joining us?" The commander asked. It was somewhat tradition that one of the three head of the pack went with the new shifters in their first organized hunting as a pack. Martez's wolf tends to be scary to most kids and Franky was usually too busy to 'Play'.

"Sure I-" Ash was saying when he caught the sight of his mate. "I'll meet you there" He quickly responded and broke into a jog towards his Alpha.

"Hey" He called as he reached Martez side. The later stopped his advance and turned to face his mate with a smile.