Scar

The maid and butlers cafe wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, though his feet was beginning go numb.

Ash, Clair, Tory and a few others, were the waiters. Personally, he preferred sore feet and aching arms over entertaining the guest.

"This is so unfair" Claire mumbled carrying a tray of cakes.

"All this food and I can't have a bite of it, I'm so hungry" She complained.

" You can always trade with Alex, he looks ready to knife himself in the hearing aid" He pointed at the boy with the snow-white hair, eaten in a table surrounded with chatting and giddy girls.

"My caretaker says I can't, wants me to develop some self-control before the mating ceremony" She grumbled.

"No offense Clair, but if you don't have any by now, You're a lost cause"

"I know right?" She stated in an exasperated sigh.

"Less talking more working" Tory cut in as he passed between them and paused to nod to his right.

"There's a table at the back. Asked for you personally" He told Ash, who signed.

"You're popular tonight" Clair mentioned as he was moving to where Tory nodded. He was just about out of rang when he heard Tory response.

"They just like to watch him leave"

Ash spun around and give him the finger before turning back to his route.

By the time he was at the back of the room, he was in his professional mode, his hand reaching into the pocket of his apron where he took out a pad and pen as he moved to the only table without a server.

"Good evening, My name is Ash and I'll be serving you tonight, Should we start with drinks?" He repeated his greeting not once looking up from his notes.

"Not the usual look for an omega" One of the pretroines commented, Ash rolled his eyes, haven't heard the same line all night. But still looked up to smile, and froze.

"Not the usual personality either," Another said.

The table seated three men, all of which were ripe in age but not necessarily old. They were dressed in their uniforms, which was an army greenish brown suit. The color of the Kingdom's Warriors, and by the black ties he knew them all to be generals. But Ash only saw one of them.

"There's something strangely attractive about that" One of the others said and then there was a laughed as the first spoke again.

"Don't let Chris hear you, you know how he gets" The one in question smiled. Ash's gaze locked with the curving lips, a chill crawling down his spine as a tongue ran over them. His voice was heavy, raspy from years of smoking. His eyes, a pretty emerald with a scar running down the right lid. An inch deeper and he would have lost the sense of sight.

"Long time no see," He says and Ash blinked, realizing for the first time how close there were when he felt a hand closing over his own. He pulled away, eyes widened with terror as he backed up. Slowly at first, and then, he all but ran into the back room.

Resting his brow against the cool surface, a hand on either side, grasping at the smooth surface for support. He couldn't breath, his heart in this throat, his was shaking, trying to support his weight as his knees grew weak. Terrified, he stared ahead, too afraid to see those eyes behind his lids should he dare to close them.

Ash could only look, and force himself to breathe deeply.

"You've been avoiding me."

He didn't want to believe it. So he wished it to be his imagination and stood still,  not moving an inch as he repeated 'It is not real' over and over again in his head.