Chapter 5:Change of Plans

Things have been busy the last two days with Trevor and Layla even though he still hasn't decided what he was going to with her. Him and Layla searched all eight floors of his apartment building and nobody knew or seen a little girl named Kayla.

So for now he has hired her as a intern at his company and turned his small workout room which was on the other side of the apartment into a bedroom for Layla. It was new to him to have a girl stay with him that he hasn't slept with.

He was in his room looking at his reflection in the full length mirror he was dressed simple tonight in a white long sleeve button up shirt and blue jeans.

Tonight was his last night to find a girl to take to his cousins wedding upstate so far no luck. None of the dates he had worked out but he figured he try one last time. As he walked out of his room he seen Layla sitting on the couch under a dark purple throw blanket playing with the pink iphone 7 he got her.

She looked at him as he walked by.

"You meeting another girl?' she asked.

He nodded his head.
"Yep he said as he walked over to the kitchen counter and grabbed his keys.

"Hey you heard of this thing called Tinder." Layla said cheerfully.

"Yea...Why.. 'he said looking at her.

"Well maybe we could find Kayla on there it's filled with all kinds of people."Layla said to him sounding hopeful.

Trevor's eyes widened as he put his keys in his pants pocket.

"Oh it's not for that he said.

"What do you use it for?" Layla questioned him

'Oh well.." He said with a nervous grin.

Then the doorbell ringed there was a short silence.

"That's my date I'll see you later," Trevor said secretly glad he didn't have to explain what Tinder was really used for to a doll well.. Ex doll.

He moved swiftly over to the door as he opened it a girl with long brown hair, hazel eyes and light caramel skin with a white and black tube dress that fitted like a towel wrapped around her body. she was a really pretty girl.

He greeted the girl as they were getting ready to go he realized he left his wallet in his room

"Just wait here I got forgot something." he said.

Then he rushed into his room to retrieve his wallet.

The girl caught a quick glance at Layla who was still sitting on the couch as she walked inside.
Once Trevor was out of sight the girl narrowed her eyes at Layla.

"Who are you?" she asked with a nasty tone to her voice.

Trevor grabbed his wallet off the dresser and was about to walk out his when her heard

"Im Layla," she said in a friendly voice.

"I don't care," she said so cold that Trevor felt a chill down his spine.

He frowned in disappointment and shook his head he didn't know why but he no longer had interest in the once hot girl.

Leaving the room he came once the girl saw him she went warmed back up.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" The girl asked.

He put his hands in his pockets.

"About that something came up I'm going to have to cancel tonight." Trevor told the girl.

She became visibly upset.

"Really!?" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, " he said as he was nodded his head.

The girl threw her hands up annoyed.

"Thanks for wasting my time." she said as she walked off .

"Your welcome!" Trevor shouted as the girl left the apartment.

Meanwhile Layla was watching everything go down.

"What happened?"Layla asked him.

"Nothing just wasn't feeling it, " he stated to her. He shook his hand as he dismissed the whole situation.

He looked over at Layla.

"You hungry?" he asked her.