Chapter 9:New Day New Way

After the wedding everyone grabbed some oil lamps and walked on a trail surrounded by trees to a field filled with white tables and covered in white candles music was slowly fadinding into the background.

Once everyone showed made it the reception started moving pretty quickly as people were eating and drinking music was blasting and everyone was having a good time.

Trevor was off talking to his cousin. Layla was sitting talking to Tiffney and Trevor's mom. When she was handed a glass of of red wine she looked at the glass.

"What is this?" she asked.

Tiffney looked her.

"You don't drink?" she asked.

"I always drink Layla told her taking a big gulp of the red wine.

she made a face when the bitterness filled her mouth but was quickly replaced with a sweet taste.

They went back to talking and in no time Layla was on her fourth glass of wine which tastes sweeter every time she got another glass. The song It feels good by Tony Toni and Tone started playing in the background. Layla filled with the sweet liquid courage as the music was invading her body.

"I'll be right back Layla said taking one more big gulp of wine before running into the middle of the field which was the dance floor.

Trevor was standing off to the side talking to his cousin.

"Hey check out your girlfriend he said laughing.

Trevor looked over at Layla who was clearly drunk as she was dancing super goofy she was the only one in the middle of the field with no care in the world.

"Come on everyone let's dance Trevor said he took off his suit jacket and ran to the middle of the field and stared dancing with her.

Soon everyone was in the middle of field dancing

"What is song Layla asked with a slurred voice still dancing.

"It feels good by Toni I think he shouted over the loud music.

"I fucking love it!" she yelled.

They continued to dance the night away.

Later in their suite was filled with sounds of Layla throwing up what felt like half of her body weight into the toilet.

"Are you ok?" Trevor asked as Layla walked out of the bathroom her curly hair was tangled and messy she was wearing a one of Trevor's white tshirts since she threw up on herself.

She said nothing as she got into her bed.

"I'm never drinking again." she said.

"You know how many times I said that." Trevor chuckled.

After that she turned of the lamp sitting by her bed and half the room went dark.

Trevor looked over at her she had her back facing him as she was wrapped up in the cover in fetal position. Only part of her he could see was some of her hair sticking out of the cover.

He had a small grin on his face as he turned off his light and went to sleep.

The next morning Trevor and Layla got up early again and was getting ready to head back into the city Trevor decided to go back early so he can stop by the office so he can be ready for monday.

They walked out of the lodge and to the SUV. with their bags Trevor had on khahi pants and black polo shirt layla was wearing a black sweats and a white Supreme hoodie.

On the drive back things were quiet since Layla was having a bad hangover and fell asleep for the hour drive.
After they made it back to the apartment Layla dragged herself to her room and closed the door.

"Well shes out for the day."
Trevor thought as he looked at her closed door.
He pulled out his phone and looked at his phone. It was nine thrity still early and everyone should be in the office.

"I shouldnt be out too long Trevor thought as he grabbed his keys and exited the apartment.

Once he made it to the office and walked in he noticed people were looking at him he ignored it as he walked into his office and grabbed his work laptop he decided to check his stuff at home. When he was about to leave his office Andrea Trevor's assistant walked in she was older than Trevor. She was wearing a green dress.

"So how was your trip she asked Trevor as she walked closer to him he moved back"It was fine he said holding onto his laptop

"It was fine he said holding onto his laptop."

She had a grin on her face.

"So what's this you told me you didn't tell me you was going with the new girl."

Andrea's smile quickly faded as she pulled out her phone and showed a picture.
It was a picture of him and Layla again taken by another blog site over the weekend.

Trevors eyes widened.

"My personal life is not your concern."

"I'm going through with the divorce from Mike," she told him.

"I never said we were together we just hooked up a few times.

Trevor told her surprised by how stupid she was acting.

"Is it because of her she showed him the picture once again."

Trevor shook his head.

"I don't have time for this." he said.

Then he walked out leaving Andrea standing in his office.