Chapter 6:Getting ready

The street lights filled the dark evening sky as Trevor and Layla were walking out of Red Lobster and into the parking. It was Trevor's favorite restaurant and he figured Layla would like to try it. It was a warm night so Trevor had on a white polo and khaki shorts and Layla who was walking beside him had on a dark green sundress even though it was loose somehow how her curves still stood out.

The night had a mild breeze as it was blowin through her hair even though she hated the wind blowing through her hair Trevor found it cute. He really wants to keep things on a platonic level with her. As they walked up to his car and got in he looked over at Layla who was sitting next to him in the passenger seat. He turned on the car and pulled out of the parking lot and started driving them back to his place.

"I need you to do a favor for me...As my intern." he asked her.

He had to go Upstate tomorrow for his cousin wedding and he had to bring a girl.Since he had no luck with any of any of the other girls. Plus he didn't really want to go by himself.
"What is it?" she asked with curiosity in her eyes. Trevor looked her taking her in with his eyes she was was cute and sweet or in other words a sweet girl his family would approve of and finally get off his back about him being single.

"I'm going Upstate tomorrow for the weekend for a event and I need you to come with me." he said trying to sound as professional as he could.

"Is that why you were you were with those girls she asked

Trevor chuckled he found Layla's curiosity cute.

"Yea but things didn't work out he said shaking his head.

Oh ok she said as she nodded her head.

Trevor pulled up to his apartment building he parked they got out and walked up to the building Trevor held the door open for Layla and watched her as he walked in even though he was keeping his hands and other parts to himself that didn't mean his couldn't enjoy the view of Layla's cute round ass that actually looked right on her petite frame. They took the elevator up to the the apartment and Trevor pulled out his key unlocked the door and they went inside.

"I'm going to start packing Layla said with as grin on her face as she went off to her to start packing

'Ok we leave at eight tomorrow morning it's a long drive so make sure you get some rest." Trevor told her. Standing by her room door her room had yellow walls, a white dresser set and a large bed with a purple bed set. He watched as she pulled out a pink duffle bag out and started packing clothes. Trevor walked off to his room after that he was still nervous about bringing Layla with him on the fact that she use to be a doll but that wasn't nobody's business. He went and changed into his sweats and was shirtless since he had his bags packed he just sat and got on his laptop. His phone ringed he picked it up and his assistant Andrea he answered.

"Hey what's up he said.

"I was just calling to see if you still wanted me to go with you Upstate tomorrow?' she said.

"Oh no it's good I found someone Trevor said uninterested

There was a pause on Andrea's end

"But you told me earlier today at work that I could come with you she said."

Trevor was now mentailly kicking himself he totally forgot that he asked Andrea but she was just a back up plan plus even though he was over that one night at office he was sure she wasn't.

"I'll be back at the office on Monday make sure you have my files and take my calls and let people know i'm out until monday he said hanging up before she was able to say anything.

After that he checked the time on his phone and it was already eleven.

"Damn already time goes by fast he said as he turned off the light and went to sleep.

The next morning he woke up to a smell that he haven't smelled in awhile breakfast.
He quickly jumped to his feet as he went to see what was going on right when he walked out of his room he saw Layla on the other side of the room standing in the kitchen over the stove cooking the smell of pancakes hit his nose. She was wearing the light blue fashion nova jeans he got her and a grey tshirt her hair was up in a curly bun.

"Well good morning ms.Barbie chef he said with a grin on his face while her back was turned to him.

She jumped up in surprise as she turned around was now facing Trevor who was smiling at her he had a smile that could make a person melt on the inside. After she composed herself she told Trevor.

"Hey I was on this youtube thing with videos last night and I seen a video of a girl making pancakes they looked good so I thought I'd make some for breakfast."

"You want some she asked.
Trevor laughed.

"I'm always down to eat he said as Layla handed him a plate as they went to the the table next to the window and sat down.

He got up and grabbed some maple syrup from the kitchen and went back to the table he poured the syrup on the pancake and took a bite it was good and he noticed a hint of cinnamon.

Layla looked at him while eating her pancakes

"What do you think? She asked with a hopeful look on her face.

"These are really good." Trevor said stuffing his face like a kid eating cake.

"That good Layla said.

After they were done eating and trevor finished getting dressed his phone started going off he looked to see a bunch of notifications from instagram and twitter. People were tagging him like crazy.

"Whats going on?"he said to himself as he opened up one of the notifications on his phone once he looked at the screen he quickly realized why his phone was blowing up. He was looking at a picture of him a Layla walking out of a store downtown with the caption.

Beauty and The Bachelor in bold black letters it was from TMZ.

He started at the picture with wide eyes.

"Whats going on?"Layla asked standing by the door with her duffle bag in her hand.

He snapped back to reality and shook his head.
"Nothing just checking the time."he told her as he followed her out of the room he grabbed his keys and his bag.

Then him and Layla exited the apartment.