Chapter 10: Not feeling it

At Andrea's two story house in the were in the dining room which had green walls she was sitting at a long dark wooden table with her husband Mike and her daughter Alice they were eating tacos for dinner.

It was mostly quiet except for Alice talking about her day at school she was in the third grade.

"So how as your day dear?" Mike asked Andrea.

She didn't even look at him.

"Just another normal day at the office." she told him.

It was silent for a moment.

"I'm done Alice said holding up her clean plate to show she ate all of her food.

"Ok baby go upstairs and start getting ready for bed."

Mike said to her she gave him a big hug before she walked out of the room.

Andrea got up from her chair and went to the kitchen Mike followed her.

"What's been up with you lately?" he asked her concerned.

"Nothing work just been really busy." She said hoping he would drop it.

Andrea been on edge since she found out Trevor took the new Intern with him upstate she didn't know why but she felt jealous.

She has been working for Trevor for six months now Since her and family moved to the city she needed a job. After posting her resume on linkedin a real estate firm contacted her for a interview.

Then she went into for the interview and was surprised she got the job with little experience. The first time she ever seen Trevor she instantly thought he was a asshole.

First two months she did her best to avoid him around the office and keep things professional on the account of being married and that she was his assistant.

Then he changed Trevor started being nice to her complimenting her and even sending her flowers under anonymous.

Even then she still kept things professional but he still chased her and made her feel something she haven't felt from her husband of eight years. The evening after everyone left the office and only her and Trevor where there everything changed.

It was getting dark outside as the office was finished being cleared out by everyone the only people in the office was Trevor and Andrea. She was at her desk packing up her things when Trevor walked up to her desk. He was wearing a blue suit.

"The pretty lady getting ready to go." he said with a smile on his face.

Andrea didn't know what it was that Trevor had to make her feel something maybe it was the fact she was in her mid thirties and Trevor was only twenty one at the time. She smiled

"Yea I got to get home to my family," she said that to remind herself not to fall for Trevor's smile and charm.

Her phone started to ring as she was about to get up and leave.

Trevor looked at her.

"Is that husband?" he asked.

She looked at her phone and realized it was actually her husband calling instead of answering she just let it ring.

Trevor walked up closer to her

"I'm married you know that." she said as their lips were only inches apart.

"I want you." Trevor told her.

"Mr..."Andrea started to say.

"Call me Trevor." he teased with a grin on his face.

"Trevor I'm married." she said nervously.

He looked at her.

"I know I'm not trying to break a home I just want to have an experience with a very beautiful woman like yourself."

She knew Trevor was full of it but somehow she let him suck her in.

Before she knew it their lips met and the they kissed which ended up becoming more than just a kiss that same night.

After that night he slowly started to change back into his old self but they still hooked up in the office between then. But now she cant stop thinking about him and wanted him.

"Are you sure you want this her husband asked.

"Yes I think its best to go through with the Divorce." she told him.

"What are we going to tell Alice?" he asked.

She looked at him as he was still standing by the kitchen sink looking out of the small window.

"For now nothing we will just keep acting normal." Andrea said.

He sighed in defeat.

"I'm going upstairs to check on Alice she told Mike.

As she walked up the wooden stairs up to her daughter's room as she walked up to the door she saw the pink and purple room was illuminated by the small barbie lamp sitting on the small dresser.

Her daughter was in pink pajamas sitting on the floor playing with her dolls.

Alice looked up and seen her mom.

"Hey mom have you found my doll yet?" She asked.

Andrea shook her head.

"No sweety I haven't found it yet." She told her.

Alice looked at her mom

"Can you ask that man if he seen...." she stared to stay

"Ok sweety its time for you to go to bed Andrea said with a smile on her face as Alice came up to her and hugged her.

After that she got into bed and Andrea turned off her lamp and walked out of Alice's room.