Chapter 12:Closer

In the office, everyone was sitting at a round wooden table in the boardroom

for a meeting including Trevor and Layla who were sitting really close to each other

for a meeting including Trevor and Layla who were sitting really close to each other. Mr. Wilkes the Ceo was talking while he was talking Trevor was pointing things out to Layla on a piece of paper. Andrea was sitting across from them she couldn't help to roll her eyes every time she glanced at them.

"Is something wrong Mrs.Smith?" Mr. Wilkes looked over and asked Andrea.

"No, she said looking back at him.

Then his eyes went onto Trevor and Layla who were whispering and laughing quietly.

Mr. Wilkes cleared his throat loudly getting their attention.

"Excuse me are we in a meeting or an elementary school." he said with a serious tone.

"Sorry, Mr. Wilkes." Trevor said nervously.

Layla's eyes caught a glance of Andrea who was smirking at her. Then her eyes went back to Mr. Wilkes.

"So those anyone has any questions or concerns?" Mr. Wilkes asked.

Everyone looked at Layla surprised as she raised her hand.

He looked at her.

"Well, Mr. Wilkes I was looking at some papers and seen negative twenty thousand dollars is missing."

The room fell silent.

Then Mr. Wilkes eyes went over to Trevor while Trevor's eyes went over to Andrea.

Andrea started to feel nervous as the room started to feel hot.

"Andrea is over the books." Trevor said calmly backing himself out of the awkward squeeze.

Mr. Wilkes looked at Andrea.

"Meeting dismissed." Mr. Wilkes said.

Everyone got up and started to walk out of the room.

Trevor was walking with Layla he had on a dark suit and Layla had on a black dress.

"Trevor I need to talk to you." Andrea tried to say as they walked past her but Trevor pretended not to hear her.

Since today was a short work day well for Trevor he decided to spend the rest of the day with Layla over the time they've been getting closer but Trevor was trying to take things slow Layla was different to him but then again she's not like other girls literally. They were walking to his car.

As they were walking Layla's eyes see a little girl with blonde hair standing at a stone water fountain.

"Whats that?" Layla said gently pulling on Trevor's arm.

He turned and looked at the fountain she was pointing at.

Before he could say anything she ran off to the fountain

"Wait up!" Trevor said running behind her.

When he caught up to her she was standing at the fountain looking at the coins sitting in the bottom of the fountain.

"What is this ?"she asked placing her hands in the cool water of the fountain.

"Its a wishing well." Trevor told her.

"How does it work?" Layla asked.

Trevor pulled out two coins out of his pocket and handed one to Layla.

"You make a wish and then you toss the coin into the water, then your wish comes true." he told her.

They paused for a moment while they tossed their coins in the water.

"What did you wish for?" Layla asked excitedly.

Trevor had a nervous grin on his face.

"For you to be my girlfriend."

He also wished Layla would stay human forever but he didn't want to say that out loud.

She smiled back at him.

"I'm already your girlfriend she said."

Trevor chuckled as they started walking back to his car.

"I want us to be closer like dating." he told her as he held her hand.

" he told her as he held her hand

"I want that too." she told him still holding his hand.