Chapter 16:Trade off

At the retirement home, Alice was laying on the couch asleep Andres mom was in the kitchen staring a glass pitcher of lemonade.

She was humming happily until a stabbing pain radiated through her chest. She placed her hand on her chest as she tried to run to Alice but her body collapsed on the white kitchen floor.

"Ok do you remember what do?" Mr. Evens the Detective said as Trevor was adjusting the wire under his white button-up shirt.

"Yes, I do he said.

Trevor was sitting in the back seat of a black SUV in the parking garage.

Even though Trevor got his case dropped Andrea's case was still the cops knew she been committing fraud for years

Even though Trevor got his case dropped Andrea's case was still the cops knew she been committing fraud for years. Byt they never had enough evidence to arrest her or when they are about to find her and arrest her she runs away before they can get to her.

The only thing left was to catch her by surprise and Trevor was the bait.

Layla placed her hand on Trevor's knee and looked at him.

"Be careful babe." She told him.

"I will baby don't worry." he assured her.

Trevor's phone started to ring he answered it.

"I'm here." Andrea Told him.

The call ended and Trevor got out of the SUV he had to walk a little bit so Andrea wouldn't see the SUV and try to run off.

He kept walking until he seen Andrea standing in a tight red dress with bright red dress black pumps and bright red lipstick.

"Ok everything is clear and we're surrounding the area."

Trevor could hear the detective voice from the small earpiece in his ear.

"What do you want?" he asked trying to sound normal as possible.

"I got to tell you something about your girlfriend." Andrea told him.

His eyes grew big.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Layla is not who you think she is..."

He put his hand up cutting her off.

"Stop this is not about her." He growled at Andrea.

"Then why did you call me here." She smirked.

"Because you fucking stole twenty thousand dollars from the company!" anger filled his eyes.

"Look, Trevor, I'm sorry I needed the money......"

Andre's eyes happen to see the black van from the distance as she caught a glimpse of Layla in the back seat.

"You brought that bitch here!"

She yelled as she took her shoes off and was about to run in the direction of the black SUV.

"Get down on the ground now!

A police officer shouted as two cop cars came up to her from both entrances.

The cops got out of the car and quickly handcuffed her as she laid on the ground.

As the cops were walking her to the cop car she looked at Trevor dead in the eyes.

"Watch your back she'll come for you next." Andrea warned him.

"Shut up and get in the car."
A cop said shoving her into the car slamming the door.

Layla ran up to Trevor and gave him a hug.

"I'm so glad you're safe now," she said.

Alice was awakened to the sound of the door being busted down her grandmother's door as nurses, EMTs ran into the room.

She sat up scared

"Grandma."
she called out as she followed them into the kitchen to see her grandmother's lifeless body laying on the kitchen floor.

"Grandma!"
she cried as she tried to get closer to her but was stopped by a female police officer with long brown hair and kneeled down to her level.

"Sweety everything is going to be ok but I need you to come with me?" She asked trying to keep things calm for Alice.

Tears ran down her face as she took the police officer's hand and then walked out of the room.

What did you guys think?

What will happen to Alice?

There will be one more update after this one.