Chapter 7:Going up state

Trevor and Layla were in a red SUV driving down a long outstretched road. The body of water can be seen on the other side.

He was driving while Layla was sitting in the passenger seat

"So what type of event are we going to?"
Layla asked.

Trevor looked at her through his black shades.
A wedding he said then his eyes went back to the road.

"What's a wedding?" she asked him.

Trevor awkwardly tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Its when two who love each other and make it official in front of their friends and family."

That was the simplest explanation he could give Layla without confusing her.

"Are we going to a castle?" Layla asked him

He laughed.
"A castle?"he said.
"Yea like a Prince and a princess."

He shook his head.
"It's not that kind of wedding its my cousin's." Trevor said with a grin on his face.

"Why aren't you married?" Layla asked with the curistory of a child.

Trevor shurgged his shoulders.

"I don't know honestly just don't have the time with work and all." He explained to her.

"So it's not because your a asshole?"

Trevor's eyes grew big as he looked at Layla with a surprised look on his face.

"Where you hear that?" He asked still surprised.

"At the office, what does that mean anyway?" she said.

He quickly came up with something to say.

"People say that when a person is successful and their just jealous of them."

Layla looked at him like she bought what he just said.

Before they knew it their long drive was over as they pulled up to a big white and brown lodge where they would be staying for the weekend it was only five minutes away from the wedding venue.

They got out and grabbed their bags the sky was blue and the sun was out as they were walking up to the lodge. When they walked inside everything had a classic country look and feel to it.

They walked up to the brown wooden check in desk there was a lady with long blonde hair standing in front of the desk. She looked at them and her eyes quickly went over and looked Trevor over the her eyes cut back to Layla.

"Congrats Mr and Mrs. Evens. "she said.
Layla looked over at Trevor.

He had a grin on his face

"That's my cousion Dylan I'm Trevor Evens." he told the check in lady.

"Oh ok, " she said as she handed him two gold room key cards with a smile on her face and looking at Trevor.

"So whats are room number?"Layla asked Trevor as they walked up the brown wooden stairs walking up to the second floor.

He looked at the gold room key.

"Were in 203.. Which is right here." he said stopping at a dark brown wooden door with the numbers 203 in gold. He slid his key into the door and slowly opened it Once she caught a glimpse of the room she walked in with a impressed look on her face.

The room was big with two big white white beds with fluffy comforters just like Trevor's bed. With dark red walls a brown dresser with a flat screen on it the room was filled with the sunlight peeking through the dark brown curtains.

Trevor flipped on the light switch and sat his bag on one of the beds Then he picked up Layla's bag which she quickly dropped on the floor where she went to into bathroom her eyes were still filled with curiosity.

He sat on his bed that was next to a dark brown couch he picked up his phone and decided to call his mom to let her know he made it.

"Hello, " his mom answered on the second ring.

"Hey mom I'm just calling to let you know I'm here at the lodge now he told his mom.

"Oh that's great you're just in time to meet us for lunch with your cousins she told him.

He looked at the clock it was noon.

"Are you coming?" she asked him.
His eyes followed Layla as she walked back into the room and she sat on her bed next to him.

"Yea we will be there."he said still looking over at Layla.

"Ok sweetie see you soon." His mom told him.

After that he ended the call and looked over at Layla once again.

"Hey go get dressed we gotta go somewhere."he told her.

"Where we going?'she asked sitting on the edge of her bed facing him.

"Going to meet up with my folks for lunch he said to her."

Trevor was nervous and his family can be kind of uptight sometimes.

When she heard the word lunch Layla jumped out of bed excitedly and grabbed her bag and went into the bathroom and ten minutes later she came out in a yellow sundress,brown and sandals with her hair was down.

Trevor smiled as he looked at her she was was so cute it was getting harder to keep things platonic for him but Layla was a nice girl and he didn't want to scare her off.

"What do you think?" she asked holding up her dress on the sides.

"You look nice.' he said with a grin on his face.
She smiled thanks she said as she smiled the sun shined into the room.

Trevor grabbed his keys as Layla grabbed her brown purse and they headed out of the door.
Later pulled up to a nice white outdoor restaurant. Layla was taking in the scene as they walked in.

"Hey there you are, " Trevor's mom came up to him and then look at Layla with a smile on her face.

"This is Layla, " Trevor said quickly introducing her to his mom.
Layla smiled back as she shook her hand.

Then they were led to the table where his dad, and his cousins were sitting at on the patio.

Everyone was already sizing Layla up and had a look of doubt as her and Trevor sat next to each other.

After he introduced her the questions started.

"So how did you two meet his dad?"asked.

"We meet at work." Trevor said

"Yea Trevor is such a asshole."Layla said with a grin on her face.

Everyone was quiet as they started at Trevor and Layla. Trevor was nervous as he knew that Layla was about to be marked off by his family.

Then Dylan started laughing.

"That Is so true I like her." he said. Soon everybody stared laughing as they talked and ate.