Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Scandal Comes Too Quickly, Just Like a Hurricane

Due to the high fever, it was unavoidable that Wei Han would have to resit for the afternoon classes’ exams. Ai, he’d originally wanted to win the semester scholarship, but it seemed to be hopeless now.

However, listening to what Jiang Chengrui said, Qi Zhifan had stayed with him for an afternoon so was also absent from the exams.

Apart from being shocked, Wei Han also had to admit that he was touched. He began to feel that Qi Zhifan wasn’t only not troublesome, but gradually, also showed a good little brother’s conscientiousness.

In the evening, Wei Han spread out the Odd Trouble Grievances Record. Ever since the last fighting incident related to Lu Yan, and the two returning home in the rain, Wei Han hadn’t known what to record. Some things seemed to be Qi Zhifan pitted against him, but in fact, Qi Zhifan was helping him.

Wei Han suddenly touched his forehead, as if Qi Zhifan’s big hand during the day was once again placed there. Wei Han couldn’t ignore the good intentions of others. Thinking so, he turned to the back of the notebook and decided that, starting from the back page, he’d write down the good things Qi Zhifan had done for him.

Writing it down, Wei Han discovered that Qi Zhifan, this person sometimes really had a knife mouth but a tofu heart. If he didn’t opposed him in the future and became an obedient little brother, and also didn’t fight over Chu Chuanyao with him, then he wouldn’t mind becoming a good older brother who loved his little brother.

The next day at the dessert shop where Wei Han worked, with Jiang Chengrui’s support, Wei Han was transferred to the back kitchen.

Ever since Wei Han had visited the Jiang home, Jiang Chengrui highly recommended him whenever he saw the store manager, Song Bohao. Simply praising without stop and hyping up Wei Han, this made Wei Han feel somewhat embarrassed.

After Song Bohao personally tasted Wei Han’s craft, he was also pleasantly surprised. He very willingly changed Wei Han to work in the kitchen, and said that he must increase his wages.

He changed shifts with the other pastry chefs, and occasionally, when it’s idle, Wei Han would also go to the front to help with the deliveries.

At 3 o’clock in the afternoon, Wei Han was collecting the dishes and cleaning up the table. Four girls were sitting at the table to one side, and at a glance, appeared to be students from the nearby college. They were chatting and laughing, talking about all kinds of gossip.

A topic had just ended when the curly-haired girl with glasses changed to another one: “Hey, did you hear? Lu Yan from the Performance Faculty suddenly dropped out of school.”

“Yeah, it’s a pity. He’s not only handsome, but also very approachable. Unlike some boys in our school, who are a little more good-looking, but are extremely pretentious.” Short-haired sister finished and quite depressed, drank a mouthful of orange juice.

As soon as these words drifted into Wei Han’s ears, he paused wiping the table.

“He seemed to have been forced to go? There’s something going on behind the scenes,” another straight-haired girl lowered her voice and whispered.

“Can he be forced to leave? That’s not right ah, I heard that Lu Yan has a backer. There’s a cousin who seems to be part of the underworld and manages our area.” Curly-haired girl was skeptical.

Straight-haired girl waved her hand and immediately retorted, “How is it exaggerated? I have a distant uncle who works in the Public Security Bureau, and he said that a few days ago, the local police caught a group of people and brought them in, almost all of them from these small gangs.”