Chapter 3

(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=127455941)

        I stood in front of Fury's desk. We were talking about the Mandarin. Shield isn't having any luck with catching this guy. They're worried. That's why Fury wants me to help guard the president. They're afraid. We were talking about the details when the phone rang.        

        Fury picked it up. Then he turned on the t.v. It was black. "What happened to the picture?" I asked. 

        "The entire East coast... the satellites are down." Fury said. 

            "Sooooo, we have an unauthorized broadcast?" I asked. He just nodded and we watched. 

        Mr. President.... say hello to Thomas Richards. Good strong name, good strong job. Thomas here is an accountant for the Roxxon Oil Corporation. I'm sure he's a really good guy. I'm going to shoot him in the head. Live on your television in thirty seconds. The number for this telephone has been conveniently placed in your cell phone. Interesting to think how it got there, isn't it? America.... if your President calls me in the next half minute, Tom lives. Your move, Mr. President.

        I looked at Nick shocked at what was going on. This can't be happening. But Fury wasn't looking at me, he was on the phone. "How the hell did he get access to the president's phone? I don't care about that right now. Find the Mandarin!" Fury shouted into the phone.

        Just as he hung up the phone started to ring. The Mandarin looked at the screen, and then he shot the man in the head. My blood froze, we're doomed. 

        There's just one lesson left Mr. President, so run away, hide, kiss your children goodbye.... because nothing.... not your armies, not your missiles, not your red, white and blue attack dog can save you!

I'll see you soon.

Yup we're doomed. 

____________________________________________

           After the Mandarin's broadcast I went home and changed into some comfy clothes, sat on the couch and ate ice cream. I don't like seeing people die on live television. I sat waiting for Steve to call. He's bound to have heard about what happened. 

        I was just thinking that he was really really busy when the phone rang. Well that's odd, he doesn't call via the house phone. Not when it's this important. I picked up. "Hello?" I said.

       "Lady?" I heard on the other end.

       I frowned. Not Steve. "Yes, who is this?" I asked.

     "It's Tony." 

         "Tony? Why are you calling me?" I asked surprised.

       "Hold on a sec. I'm going to call Rhodey and have him join our party." Tony said.

      "Wait Tony, he's busy." I said quickly.

         "Hello." I heard Rhodey on the phone.

          "You ever look up and everything starts glowing from the inside out, a kind of bright orange." Tony said. I rolled my eyes. Seriously. 

        "Yeah, I've had that. Who is this?" Rhodey asked.        

          "It's me, pal. Now last time I went missing, if I remember correctly, you went looking for me." Tony said. "Oh and Lady's here too." He added. 

        "Hi James, What are you doing?" I asked.  

   "Hey Lady. Just a little talking, making friends in Pakistan. What are you doing Tony?" Rhodey asked.