Chapter 12

Banshee's POV (written by the creator herself! Also known as not KiraKisa...)

         I squeezed Adelaide's hand, she seemed uncertain whether or not she wanted to tell me. "Adelaide, what happened?" I asked again. 

         She looked at me unsure whether or not she should tell me. I hope that she feels like she can trust me. Even though I was an assassin, Adelaide sighed and then started talking. "It happened while Steve and I were in Montana on vacation. We had a romantic dinner and then it went to bed. Around two a.m. I woke up suddenly when I heard a noise outside the house. Steve and I were staying in one of Tony's homes, enjoying some time off. I shook Steve awake. "Lady, what's wrong?" He asked.

        "I think I heard somebody in the house." I said. 

       Steve shot out of the bed. "Stay here. I'm going to go and look around." He said kissing my head. I nodded, watching him vanish into the dark. I heard him looking around the house, but I guess I was wrong. There isn't anybody in the house. 

        Then I heard Steve give out a shout, I jumped out of bed and grabbed a gun and my phone from the nightstand. I slowly made my way out looking for Steve after I called 911. I looked around ignoring the person on the phone, they told me to just stay in my room. But I ignored them, I wish I hadn't. I saw Steve on the floor and ran to him, he was out." 

        Adelaide took a breath, she was starting to cry now. But I don't think she noticed. She was saying everything in a daze, like it was a dream. Then she continued.

        "I looked around very alarmed now. Who could do this? What could do this? I felt somebody behind me, no feelings. At least not any that would mean much. The person felt like a robot, a blank slate. Like they weren't feeling anything. I turned around to aim my gun at him, but it was to late. As soon as I he saw that I knew he was there he attacked. He knocked the gun out of my hand, I screamed.

        I tried to kick him, but his arm blocked it. My leg felt on fire, it felt like his arm was metal. I couldn't see his face. I grabbed the nearest object I could find which happened to be a knife we left out at dinner. I tried to stab him, but he moved and grabbed my arm twisting it behind my back, I screamed in pain."

        I felt my arm get goosebumps, a metal arm? It couldn't be, he wouldn't do something like that. Adelaide seemed to be a little scared now remembering it. Her eyes were slightly wide and she winced and rubbed her shoulder when she mentioned him grabbing her arm. 

        "He held me against him, I was breathing hard. I saw Steve waking up, he groaned. Whoever held me looked at him for a second, distracted. He was worried that he would have to fight Steve again. I thought that second was all I needed, I was wrong. I spun around and grabbed the knife and aimed it towards his chest. I missed, the next thing I felt was a burning sensation in my stomach. I heard Steve shout as I fell to the ground."

        Adelaide was crying now really badly now. I reached up and I felt some tear drops fall down my face, I was crying. I don't cry that often, not like this. She just looked so heartbroken. She looked traumatized... 

        "He reacted so quickly with the knife... I didn't know anybody could move that quickly. I was on the ground, but I didn't remember getting there. I guess I went into shock. I vaguely heard sounds of Steve and the guy fighting. Then sirens, the police had come. I hoped with an ambulance, then the window broke as the guy ran.

        Steve knelt down by me and tried to snap me out of it. I think back on it, he must've been so terrified. Seeing me like that again. But eventually he snapped me out of it enough to get me to heal myself. I remember reaching out and searching, and finding nothing. I lost it then, I started sobbing so did Steve. He realized what I did. He held me as I sobbed, my body started to subconsciously heal itself. I guess that it was because of the training I got from Frigga.