Chapter 23

I unfortunately got Ward as my babysitter. So I get to follow him around, I watched as Garret started to write on a board. "What the hell is he doing?" I asked as I looked at the symbols. They made no sense.

          Ward asked the same question I did to flowers. I actually have no idea what her real name is, so I decided on flowers. Normally I would be great and memorizing every little detail, but being pregnant and all right now. Not so much. Oh Steve is not going to be happy when he hears about me being captured...

        "He's flexing his new muscles. He has every ounce of our research coursing through his veins. He feels good. Because he took all of our miracle drug." Flowers told Ward. 

        I ignored them and watched Garret write more. "Got to be honest with you, John looks like you're kind of losing it." I told him sarcastically, I know Ward is feeling the same way. 

        "I'm alive for the first time, thanks to Ward." He said, I rolled my eyes and ignored him. Garret didn't mind, he just spoke to Ward. 

        Eventually he left with Flowers leaving me with Ward. "You know Skye hates your guts right now. So does May, and i know my husband will love to shoot you when he finds out that I'm not safe." I said.

        Ward turned to look blankly at me. "I don't care." He stated simply.

       I rolled my eyes. "You should, I know you care about Skye. Don't try to hide it you can't." I said.

        "I don't." He said.

       I walked away and laid down on the couch. "You're lying. About not caring about what they think of you and Skye." I said.

        Ward ignored me. I shrugged and closed my eyes, why not take a nap? Then Garret walked in. "We're heading out. Bring her with." He said.

        I stood up quickly, a little to quickly actually. I fell over and Ward caught me. I pushed him off once I was steady. "Wait!" I called but he was already gone. I groaned, guess I'm going somewhere i probably don't want to go. 

        I watched angrily as Quinn got the general to play right into his hands. Then I heard an alarm start blaring, I jumped , Garret pulled me back into the shadows before anybody saw us. "Tell us what the hell is going on out there, or you can kiss a government contract goodbye." The general said. 

        "G-gentlemen, gentlemen, please, I beg you..." Quinn said.

         The Garret walked out. "Don't beg them, Quinn. You're not a rottweiler. We don't need their scraps." He said. I was pulled me out after him as they looked at Garret wide eyed. 

        "Who the hell is this?" The general demanded as he saw how ight a grip Garret had on me. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a bruise tomorrow.         

        "This is our strategy consultant, John Garrett." Quinn said nervously as he glared at Garret. 

        I jumped as I heard gunfire. "Why do I hear gunfire?" The general asked.

        "You hear the dying breath of an old world, general, and a new world is coming. I've tasted it on my tongue." Garret said. Wow! That's just creepy. He's not lying. 

        "This is your strategy consultant?" The general asked.

         "He's part time." Quinn said, then Garret pulled out a gun. 

        I immediately tried to get as far away from it as I could, but Garret kept a firm grip on me. "You threaten a United States general, and there are consequences." The General said.