Chapter 17

Fury and I ended up back at my apartment. There Fury made-up a cover story in case somebody asks what happened. Fury supposedly dropped me off at home after he had a very loud conversation with his wife on the phone. I came home and relaxed and then Fury showed up saying that the loud conversation on the phone turned into her kicking him out of the house. 

        There at my house he decided to wait and see if she would calm down. He decided to come to my house because she threw a vase at him and he didn't want to go to the hospital. Seeing as how I am still a nurse I fixed him up a little. Then I went and showered. Hopefully Steve will show up by then.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=127232353       

        I got out of the shower and heard the music playing. Rather loud I might add. I quickly got dressed and walked out and saw Steve holding his shield. I looked around and saw an open window, I sighed and closed it. I felt the night air, it was pretty chilly. "I don't remember giving you a key." Steve said to Fury

        "Really think I need one? My wife kicked me out." Fury said. 

         "Didn't know you were married." Steve said.

        Then he saw me and raised his eyebrows. I shrugged. "I didn't know he was married until I heard a rather long and loud conversation in the car when Fury dropped me off." I said. 

        "There's a lot you don't know about me." Fury said. 

          "I know, Nick. That's the problem." Steve said. 

        Then Fury held up his phone. Ears everywhere it said. "Sorry I had to do this, but I had another place to go." Fury said aloud. Compromised SHIELD

        "Who knows your wife?" I asked. 

          "Just... You and I... my friends." Fury said. 

        "So are we friends?" Steve asked. 

        "Up to you." Fury said standing up, then a shot rang threw the house. Steve grabbed me and pushed me behind his Shield as Fury fell. Steve ran over and grabbed him as he fell. Fury handed Steve something and looked at the two of us. "Do not trust anyone." He said then he passed out.

        Steve laid him down as I started to heal him, then another shot went threw the house barely missing my head. Then the door was broken down and in ran Kate? "Captain Rogers? Dr. Rogers?" She said trying to get our attention. 

        I gave her a quick look telling her I heard her and went back to trying to heal Fury. I ignored the problems we encountered from the crash and focused on the very big bullet wound. Luckily it was a threw and threw. I looked at it and started to heal it very slowly. After the crash I had a lot of injuries that Fury made me heal. So because of that, I'm already pretty much exhausted. "Captain... Agents of SHIELD special service." She said. 

        "Kate?" Steve asked confused. 

         "I was sent to protect you two." She said. 

        "On whose orders?" Steve asked. 

        She looked at Fury. "Foxtrot is down, do not respond. I need paramedics. You see the shooter?" Kate/Sharon asked. 

        "Tell them that I'm in pursuit." Steve said then he took off.

         "Steve!" I shouted as he jumped out of the window and onto the next building. 

        I sighed and went back to work on Fury. The bullet wound nearly healed up I started working on the other injuries. We don't need other people to know how hurt he was exactly. If Shield's compromised then we really don't need them to know. "How is he?" Sharon/Kate asked.