Chapter 28

Gwen and I sat in the cab. Unfortunately we were caught in major traffic so I may end up being late for my plane. That would be bad. "It's Spider-Man!" The cab driver said. 

        Gwen smiled, wonder what she's thinking? "Stop the cab." She told the driver. 

         "Lady, I ain't even moving!" He told her. Gwen got out of the cab, along with me. I smiled when I saw what Peter wrote on the bridge. 'I love you.'

        "He really loves you." I told her. She nodded and then the next moment Peter swooped down and carried her to the top of the bridge. I laughed happily and then got back into the cab. I sat there waiting, I really don't think I'm going anywhere fast. We've only moved a little...

        I was looking out the window as all of the power in the city went out. "What the..." I heard the driver say. I got out of the cab and tried to find the source. It looked like it was coming from the power grid... Isn't that the one Max designed? 

        I ran down the bridge trying to figure out a way to get there. I spotted a cop and ran over to him as he tired to clear the streets. "Officer!" I shouted. 

        The officer turned to me. "Ma'am you need to get inside!" He told him.

        I shook my head. "My name is Adelaide Rogers, I'm here to help. I need to get a ride to the power grid." I told him.

        He looked at me suspiciously. "I need some sort of identification." He said. I sighed but pulled out mu I.D. Once he gave it a full look over he called me in a ride. "Sorry Mrs. Rogers, I just had to be sure." The man said as my ride came driving up, with Gwen Stacey in it. 

        I nodded. "No problem." I said, then I turned to Gwen. "Need a ride?" I asked. Gwen nodded and we drove off. We arrived at the power grid and I looked around. "Ok maybe I shouldn't have bought you." I said as I saw the fight going on. I saw Max, he was pretty angry and then I rammed into Max. I turned off the car as Gwen got out of the car and stomped over to Peter. 

        "Really? You webbed me to a car! What are you a caveman?!" She demanded. 

         "You shouldn't be here!" Peter said, then he jumped when he saw me. "Neither should you!"

        "You tie me up to go off to war? I know how to help you!" Gwen said. 

        "What are you doing here?" Peter asked. 

         "I know...I know the grid specs! I can reset the system!" She said.

         Then Peter turned to me, I shrugged. "I know that I can help if somebody gets hurt. I also can tell you what Max is thinking or if he's lying." I said. 

        "You can't be here right now. I'm not messing around. You can't be here right now! This is insane!" Peter said. 

         "Okay, guess what? Nobody makes my decisions for me! Alright? Nobody! This is my choice! Okay? My choice. Mine! Now how do we stop him?" Gwen shouted at him. And I thought Steve and I fought about these things, guess not. 

         "Okay, so he's electric and he's like a battery. So what happens if you overcharge a battery?" Peter asked. 

          "It explodes." I said.

         "So we use his power against him. Perfect. Okay." Gwen said. 

         "I think I can reconnect the power lines, but what I need you to do, I need you to reset the system. Okay, when I say, you turn that power on. You turn it on, no matter what." Peter said. I looked over as Max started waking up. "Go! Go!" He shouted at us, I grabbed Gwen's hand and we ran into the building. We watched as Max and Peter collided and fought back and forth. Peter gave us the cue as he webbed Max down. "Now, Gwen! Now! Do it now!" He shouted.