Chapter 10 - Banshee

I sighed as I looked at the folder that Fury sent me, it's been about a month since the attack. I was to report to Greenwhich to see Coulson. I leaned against the wall and slid down. I can't do that now, I just can't.... Not after what happened. I broke down into tears. I sat there and the floor crying for who knows how long. Then Steve found me.

He didn't say anything, he didn't need to. He knew why I was crying. I looked up at him and saw that he was crying to, my heart nearly broke when I saw that. And it's my fault. Steve picked me up and brought me to our room. He held me to him as I cried again for what seemed like the hundredth time.

He cried with me, eventually I calmed down enough to talk. "Fury wants me in Greenwhich tomorrow." I told him.

He kissed the top of my head. "Are you going to go?" Steve asked.

"I don't know. I don't know if I can handle it. I don't know if I'm ready to go out into the world again after what happened." I said, Steve held me tighter. "It's my fault Steve. If I had known, if I had't been so stupid. It's my fault." I said bursting into tears again.

He shushed me. "It's not your fault, you didn't do anything wrong. You didn't do anything different. You couldn't have known honey. It's not your fault, I love you. It's not your fault." He said, repeating it over and over again trying to calm me down.

I eventually calmed down enough to the point were I wasn't sobbing. Steve kissed the top of my head gently again. "Are you going to be ok?" He asked.

"I don't know. Are you?" I asked.

"I don't know either Lady. I wish this didn't happen o you. To us. You didn't deserve this. You've seen so much death already. I wish I could fix it sweetie, I wish I could do more." Steve said, I could hear his voice braking.

I looked at him cradling his face. He was crying again, I wiped the tears away. "You are amazing Steve. You're doing everything you could possibly do and then some. Don't beat yourself up over this, it isn't your fault." I said kissing him gently.

He pressed his forehead against mine. "It isn't your either." Steve said. A few tears leaked out of my eyes, Steve kissed them away and stayed silent holding me to him. Eventually we fell asleep like that. I woke up again about two hours later, exhausted.

I got out carefully so as not to wake up Steve. He hasn't gotten much sleep since this happened. I went to the kitchen to make some hot cocoa, it seems to help some. It's also a good distraction, as I was making it I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

Steve kissed my neck gently. "Are you feeling any better?" He asked me.

I sighed. "A little." I said honestly. "How about you?"

He kissed my head. "About the same. Have you decided whether or not you're going to go?" Steve asked.

I turned and looked at him. "What do you think I should do?" I asked.

Steve wrapped his arms around my waist again. "I think you should do what's best. Taking your mind off of what happened may help. Seeing Coulson may help as well, you never know. He seemed like the kind of man who could help." He said.

I smiled. "I think you're right." Steve smiled at me asking the silent question. "I think I'll go, who knows it may be fun. Make new friends, besides what could happen?"

_______________________________

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=132638967

Steve gave me another kiss goodbye before I boarded the plane. He was going to go and work at SHIELD until I came back. The plane took off and I sat back and started to read the files SHIELD sent to me. I mostly knew everything that was in them, but I skimmed over them just to be sure. I mostly focused on the team I would be working with, and a bodyguard?