Chapter 29

About twenty minutes later the ambulance arrived, they immediately took Gwen away and called another one for me. I sat in the ambulance as they examined me. They decided not to take me to the over full hospital. "Do you think I could call my husband and my sitter? I was supposed to meet him today and call the sitter earlier." I said. They nodded and gave me the phone.

        First I dialed Steve, no even a ring went by before he picked up. "Adelaide? Are you ok? Is the baby ok? I saw the news..." Steve said quickly.

         "I'm fine. Just tired, Archer's fine. He's with Coulson who I have to call now." I said. "I'll call you back later ok?" 

        "Ok, Sam and I are here by the way. When you didn't show up we got worried after four hours so we came here. Bell is on her way. Call me soon, I'm glad you're ok. I love you." Steve said.

        I smiled. "I love you too, I'll see you soon." I said then hung up. 

        Next I called Coulson. "Hello?' He answered. 

         "Coulson? It's me Lady." I said. 

        I think somebody grabbed the phone from him and put me on speaker. "Adelaide? Is that you? Are you ok? What happened? How do you take care of a baby?!" Everybody said at once. I think the last one was Trip though. 

        "I'm alright, just a few scrapes and bruises. How are you guys doing with Archer? Is he behaving?" I asked, well behaving as much as a baby can that is...

        "We're fine, Archer is a little angel." I heard Skye say.

        "He is so cute!" Jemma told me.

         I laughed. "He does have that affect on people." I told them. "So no problems?" I asked.

        "No." Coulson said.

        "Unless you count Trip and Fitz trying to change the baby." May said sarcastically. 

        "Hey I've never taken care of a baby!" Trip said.

        I smiled. "So no problems getting him to sleep right?" I asked.

        "No he went down just fine, I think Bobbi is watching him now." Phil said.

        I sighed in relief. "That's good, that was the only thing I was worried about. Him refusing to go to sleep or take a nap. Baby's tend to be extremely cranky when they don't sleep. They end up making everybody around them cranky as well." I said.

        "Well you don't have to worry about us, we're doing just fine." Jemma said.

        "That's good to hear. I'll call you guys again tomorrow, I need to go and catch a plane or else Steve will send the army after me." I said. They all chorused goodbye and then I headed to the airfield. Once I arrived I immediately spotted Steve and Sam looking around for me. I walked over to them, once Steve spotted me he ran over and picked me up in a hug spinning me around. I laughed happily as we spun, and then fell over. "I missed you too." I told him after he kissed me sweetly.

        "What about me?" Sam asked walking up, I disengaged myself from Steve and hugged Sam. 

       "It's nice to see you again. Where's Bell at?" I asked.

        Steve held me against him, wrapping his arm around my waist. "She's with Clint and Natasha right now, but she said she would be joining us soon." Steve said. 

        "Banshee also said that she would meet us there." Sam said. 

        "And where exactly are we going? Where's Bucky?" I asked looking at the two of them.