Chapter 8

I held onto Loki so I wouldn't fall off. I figured that if we hit something it would hit the lunatic first. Besides, Thor was already taken. Loki steered the skiff into the cave. It's so narrow that the edges of the skiff smashed against the walls of the tunnel. I could see  iridescent crystals as we whizz through, the crystals light up with the same effect as the rainbow thingy.        

        Everything started to blur, so I closed my eyes and buried my head in Loki's back. If I die he's going down with me. I felt us land with a sickly crunch. I slowly opened my eyes and jumped away from Loki. He stood up proudly. "Ta-da!" I rolled my eyes, at least we're not dead. 

Yet

        Surprisingly the skiff still worked. Unfortunately Jane is passed out in the corner of it. "What I could do with the power that flows through those veins." Loki said looking at Jane. 

        I glared at him. "It would consume you." Thor said. 

      "She's holding up alright." I said.

        "For now." Loki added. I glared at him some more, if looks could kill; he would've been dead back in New York. 

        "She's strong in ways you'd never even know." Thor said. 

       "Say goodbye." Loki said. 

          "Not this day." Thor told him. 

        "This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you prized will be snatched from you." Loki said. 

        "And will that satisfy you?" Thor asked. 

        "Satisfaction is not in my nature." Loki answered. 

       "Surrender is not in mine." Thor said. 

        "The son of Odin..." Loki started, but Thor cut him off. 

        "No. Not just of Odin. You think you alone were loved of Mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust." Thor said. 

        "Trust? Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die?" Loki said. 

       "What help were you in your cell?" Thor asked. 

        "Who put me there? Who put me there!" Loki said, then Thor leaped up and knocked Loki onto his back. I took a step back and almost fell off the skiff. 

        "You know damn well. You know damn well who!" Thor said. Then he raised his fist to punch Loki. I stepped forward and held his arm.

        Thor looked at me angrily. "Stop it!" I shouted. She wouldn't want you to fight." I said. 

         "Well she wouldn't exactly be shocked." Loki said, they kinda laughed at that. I let go of Thor's hand, stepping back. 

        "I wish I could trust you." Thor said. 

         "Trust my rage." Loki said.

       I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, that always works." I said sarcastically. "What was it that Yoda said... but that's about fear, anger and hate. But it still kinda applies." I said, Loki just looked at me confused. I shrugged and sat down next to Jane.  

        A few minutes later Jane started to wake up. When her eyes opened though they had turned a brilliant blue. "Jane." Thor said looking at her. 

        Jane sat up and moved towards the bow of the skiff. "Malekith." She said. 

       We kept on going and then we saw two dark elves. Or at least what I think they are. "All right. Are you ready?" Thor asked. Jane and I nod.