i.

i.

“You know, this defeats the purpose of us moving in together,” Harry huffed as he placed the box at the threshold of his and Louis’ new house.

“Now babe, we all know you’re the muscle,” Louis winked as he hopped off the box Harry had just placed down. Harry carried all the boxes inside the new abode as Louis played ‘commander’ and saying he’d be more of the decorator.

“And what does that make you love?” Harry asked as he sneaked up behind Louis, slipping an arm around his waist.

“Apparently a very lucky man, no?”

Harry chuckled, his voice lower than the boy that Louis had met in college, but he didn’t mind. In fact he loved the fact that Harry’s voice was deep, his limbs long, and his smile still full of love and dimples. He loved Harry with all of his heart and felt wonderful that only seven months after being official husbands, they were already buying a house together.

They had saved up all their extra cash and put the down payment on a house. Of course they were very picky with where they wanted to live, but eventually they settled on a four bedroom house, a nice backyard, and in a very family centric neighborhood.

With Harry’s job being a head chef and Louis being a journalist, the two were busy people, but they made time for one another to keep everything alive in their relationship.

“Babe?” Louis asked as they were unpacking boxes.

“Yes love?” Harry responded as he hung a painting in the foyer.

“I know it hasn’t been long, but I just think in a house so big-”

“Louis,” Harry said, his voice immediately sounding tired, “please don’t bring it up.”

“But we never really talked about it.”

“Because I don’t want to.”

“But I do!”

Harry sighed, running his hand through his curls. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, hoping to find a liable response, but he couldn’t search for one. Instead he was met by Louis’ blue eyes giving him a cold stare.

“I’m just going to unpack the kitchen,” Harry mumbled. He scurried away from Louis and into the kitchen where he let out a long sigh.

Louis had brought up kids a few months ago, but Harry wasn’t ready. He didn’t want to give up his whole life to raise some kids. He wanted to live a bit, still go out and hang with friends. Louis didn’t seem to understand where Harry was coming from though. Harry believed that Louis was just used to his hermit lifestyle, only having one or two real close friends, and was ready to settle down. He understood the fact that Louis was older than him, but he wanted to live a bit more.

Louis, on the other hand, thought Harry was being selfish. He would barely hold the conversation for longer than a few minutes, and then he would go and run off somewhere. Louis wanted kids because he didn’t want to be the ‘old’ guy. He was already two years older than Harry and it was ridiculous. Louis wanted children so badly because he knows he’d be a good father. Sad part is, he knows that Harry would be a great father as well. Harry is patient and kind and will do anything for family.