xx.

xx.

Life had become strained for the Tomlinson-Styles. Harry was working still, as was Louis, and the boys were still going to school. Cher had decided to stay by Louis’ side mostly, and there was a lot less temptation with the hawking eye of Louis.

Louis had begun to cope with his own tactics. First it was sewing, but Louis found himself to be bored of the task. As he was thinking he drank a bottle of wine and it was at that point that he realized that he had found a distraction to his problem.

He wouldn’t call himself an alcoholic, because he didn’t drink a bottle every day. Instead, every time he passed through an emotional phase, he’d pour himself a glass. Harry noticed that Louis had been having an exceptional amount of wine, but he had his own issues to work through.

Harry had become the home keeper since he didn’t want to stress Louis out. He took the boys to school and used his lunch break to pick them up. He then bustled to work again to work his shifts and then came home to Louis working on a column and Cher reading beside him. They were quiet, Cher out of fear, and Louis, well, deeming he had no more life left in his eyes. Harry had to make sure Louis was okay every day, made sure Cher wrote down everything she did, then he made sure the boys did their homework, or in Zayn’s case, his nice task of the day.

By the time the day was over, Harry was exhausted. He felt physically and emotionally drained, but he kept up a happy demeanor, for his family. That’s why when Liam’s birthday rolled around Harry was beyond excited. He had planned an amazingly fun day for the family. Since Liam and Zayn didn’t have school, Harry took off of work and told Louis to not work on his columns for the day.

At first, Harry was torn between bringing Cher or not, but in the end she had morning sickness and just wanted to stay inside. Harry was filled with the utmost joy at the news, as horrible as it was. It meant that his baby was on the way this time.

Harry packed the car and Louis sat in the car with the boys. Zayn and Liam noticed a change in their father, but they just thought he was tired, since that’s what Harry told them. They believed their Dada, but Harry wanted Louis to be back to himself.

“Ready guys?” Harry asked as he got in the car.

“Yeah!” Liam exclaimed. He was extremely happy, considering it was his birthday, and Harry and Louis smiled as they drove away.

Harry pulled up to the parking lot after about an hour of fun car games and other little activities to keep the boys preoccupied. Louis looked a bit surprised whereas Zayn and Liam looked amazed at the scenery.

“Ready for a beach day?” Harry asked.

Louis felt a bit silly, because Harry asked him to wear swim gear, but he had never expected a beach day from Harry. Harry was a proper fellow, considering he took Louis to fine restaurants whenever he could. This was out of the ordinary.

“Lou?”

Louis snapped out of his daze to see Harry smiling at him from behind a thick pair of shades. Louis smirked when he saw his husband’s glasses, but he didn’t say anything.

“You ready babe?” Harry asked.

“Yeah,” Louis said as he got out of the car. “So why the beach?”

“Well, it’s fun, and the sun would do us all some good,” Harry said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Dada! Daddy! Let’s play in the sand!” Liam called out as he ran in the sand, kicking it. Zayn timidly took a step in the sand before scrunching his face up and turning back, running towards his parents.