vii.

vii.

Louis woke up and the sky was still dark, but he knew it was early in the morning and it was time to start getting ready. He turned on his side to see Harry sprawled out and taking up most of the room, but Louis didn’t mind. Besides, Harry was allowed to do whatever he wanted today, because he was the birthday boy.

“Happy birthday,” Louis whispered, giving Harry a soft kiss on his cheek before swinging himself out of bed. He stretched as he scratched his stomach, wandering into Liam’s room. The younger boy was curled up with his teddy bear, his room strewn with toys, and Louis could only roll his eyes and pick up after his son. He knew eventually he’d have to get on his case about leaving his things out, but Louis didn’t have the heart to. Not yet. He loved the fact that Liam was so carefree and barely had a worry in the world.

Louis set off cleaning up his son’s room, knowing today was going to be a long day for the three of them. They were planning to go to Harry’s old home in Holmes Chapel to see not only Harry’s family, but Louis’ family would be there all to celebrate Harry’s birthday. Also, in addition to the birthday festivities, they’d be meeting Liam for the first time.

When Louis stepped back, looking at the newly clean room, he proceeded to head into the hallway closet, lugging out a carry away bag to fill with any essentials they might need for the day. Considering they’d be driving for most of the day, Louis knew he’d also have to make snacks and what not.

Louis spent most of the day up before the sun, getting ready and busying himself for the day. He didn’t want to disturb Liam and Harry until they had to go and that’s exactly what Louis did. He did everything by himself until he saw the crack of dawn, and he knew they had to go.

Louis rapped silently on Liam’s door, peeking his head in to see the young boy still sprawled out comfortably in his bed. He smiled at his son, almost not having the heart to wake him up, but he knew he couldn’t postpone the inevitable much longer.

“Liam, love, we have to get going,” Louis said as he shook Liam’s shoulder gently.

“No,” Liam whined trying to roll over, but Louis had a firm hold on him.

“Li, you just have to put on your clothes and then you can sleep in the car.”

Liam huffed, but got out of bed groggily. He looked quite adorable with his hair disheveled and out of sorts, and Louis knew his son was not a morning person.

“Come on bud, go take a bath and I’ll make you some breakfast,” Louis said as Liam rubbed his eyes and nodded. He trotted into his own bathroom as Louis went into his room to wake up the birthday boy.

“Harry?”

“Go away,” Harry groaned.

“You’ve got to get up love,” Louis said. He went to pick up the sheet, but Harry clung to it tighter.

“It’s my birthday and I get to sleep in,” Harry whined.

“Harry, we have to go see our families.”

“I’d rather just have birthday sex all day.”

“Harry Edward Tomlinson-Styles, get out of this bed,” Louis said as he failed to fight back a blush.

Harry peeked up at Louis and grinned, feeling accomplished he can still make his husband flustered. Harry prided himself on the awkward situations he put Louis in.

“Louis William Tomlinson-Styles, you should get in this bed,” Harry said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“I’m going to take a shower,” Louis said, his cheeks burning as he spun around.