xiv.

xiv.

“Dada!” Liam cried from his room.

“Daddy!” Zayn whined from his.

Louis and Harry were frazzled when both of their sons had gotten sick at the same time. You see, while they were at the park, Zayn and Liam interacted with all the other little children, which warmed Harry and Louis’ heart. They were happy to see their children interacting with other kids their age.

While Harry and Louis were talking to other parents in the park, they didn’t realize their sons were touching almost everything, spreading germs and touching others, not realizing where their hands were going.

So low and behold, a few days later, Zayn and Liam were bundled in their rooms with the common cold. Of course, being as young as they both were, they thought they were dying.

“I’ll get Zayn,” Louis said as he rushed to his baby’s room. He walked in to see Zayn curled up in the corner of his bed, looking quite miserable.

“Oh baby,” Louis said as he reached out and held Zayn, bouncing him gently.

“I don’t feel good,” Zayn mumbled as he sniffled a bit.

“I know baby. We’re going to try and make you feel all better, okay?” Louis cooed as he took Zayn out of the room, only to see Liam by the doorway.

“Daddy, my throat hurts,” Liam whined.

“Okay bub, let’s go sit you and your brother on the couch while I make you both some tea and soup,” Louis said as he took Liam’s hand.

When he went to the living room, Harry was there already putting the sippy cups of tea and bowls of soup on the coffee table. He smiled, but then frowned when he saw his two sons looking so sick.

“Hey bud, what’s up,” Harry said as he took Zayn from Louis’ hands and felt Liam cling to his leg.

“I don’t feel good Dada,” Liam whined as Zayn hummed in agreement against Harry’s shoulder. Harry pitied his children as he took them both to the couch and bundled them up appropriately. Liam and Zayn had red noses, watery eyes, and pathetic looks on their faces as their fathers took care of them.

Louis and Harry fed them both their soup and helped as much as possible before they both passed out and all cuddled underneath a blanket. Liam and Zayn were comfortable, having this bonding family moment, but Louis and Harry felt this moment was filled with a sudden burning sensation.

Or it could’ve been the fact that they were so hot they were sweating bullets. Louis and Harry had to change their clothes because of the amount they were sweating while they comforted their sick children.

Soon, after they had finished their soup and tea, Liam and Zayn passed out between their two dads and felt at ease. Harry and Louis smiled down at their ridiculous sons, but were grateful they were sleeping.

“Can you imagine how much ruckus two sick boys can make?” Louis said as he gently brushed some hair off of Zayn’s forehead.

“It’s a bit surreal,” Harry said as he smiled down at Liam, who was snuggled into his side.

“So, um, it’s been a while,” Louis said awkwardly as Harry blushed. Both of the boys really hadn’t too many moments to themselves while taking this time to produce a full time family. Zayn and Liam kept them both busy that the only talk they had time for was what was going on the next day when they head to bed. Their talks only involved what their sons had done, and their sex life was somewhat, well, limited.

“Yeah. Do you miss it?” Harry asked.

“What?”

“Life before having kids.”