xi.

xi.

Harry woke up and looked over to see the bed was empty. He groaned and fear paralyzed him when he remembered he was watching his sons for the first time alone today. He didn’t know what to do. He had watched Liam a few times by himself, but not for a full day. It was usually a few hours and then Louis came home from the office.

Harry sat up and almost fell out of bed when he saw Zayn sitting at the foot of his bed. Zayn waved his tiny little hand at Harry whereas Harry tried to catch himself.

“We need to get you a bell kiddo,” Harry said as he smiled at the newest addition to his family. He picked up Zayn and placed him on his lap. Zayn and Harry weren’t as close as Louis and Zayn, but Zayn still loved Harry with all of his heart.

Zayn yawned as he rested himself in the crook of Harry’s arm. Harry laughed, realizing that Zayn really did love to sleep as Louis had pointed out, but he still got up and held him as he went to check on Liam. Surprisingly, when Harry and Zayn had gotten into the room, Liam was awake already as well.

“Good morning Dada!” Liam said cheerily as he bounded towards his father. Harry bent down and kissed the top of his head in admiration.

“Good morning sweetie. How are you?” Harry asked as Liam stretched a bit.

“I’m okay. Is Zaynie awake?”

Harry looked in his arms to see that Zayn had fallen back to sleep and Harry shook his head.

“I’ll put him back to bed,” Harry said as he turned around, and Liam followed.

“Daddy doesn’t put him back to bed.”

“Maybe that’s why he’s so tired,” Harry said as he laid the small child down in his bed. “Now, how about breakfast?”

Liam nodded excitedly, not about to miss any opportunity to spend with his dad. As they left the room to make their meal, Zayn slept and slept, not waking up from his dreams of splendor.

Harry and Liam made their way into the kitchen, and cooked up a feast, letting Zayn continue to sleep as they ate their breakfast.

“So what does Daddy do when I’m not here?” Harry asked Liam who was munching happily on his omelet.

“Well,” Liam said thoughtfully after he had swallowed the piece of food he was chewing. “He usually plays with us and makes sure we have naps and fun times!”

“Naps and fun times?” Harry repeated slowly. “So he lets you guys pretty much do whatever you want right?”

“Well, no. He makes sure Zaynie and I do what we’re told, but he let us watch the telly, and draw!” Liam said as he put another bite in his mouth.

“So what do you want today then bud?” Harry asked as he took a sip of his morning coffee.

“Play!” Liam declared.

“We can play, but we might need to wait for your brother to wake up,” Harry said as he got up to put his mug in the dishwasher.

“I want to play now!” Liam whined.

“Liam-”

Liam ignored his father and squealed with delight as he ran to his room to get toys. Harry rolled his eyes, but didn’t chase him. Instead he cleaned up and made sure everything was looking neat and tidy for when Louis arrived home.

When Harry was satisfied with his work, he walked down the hall to check on his sons. To his surprise, Zayn was still sound asleep, and Harry didn’t have the heart to wake him up. Liam, though, was wide awake and was bouncing off the walls with excitement.