iii.

iii.

Louis had settled into his job quite nicely as time flew by. He was becoming a successful opinion column writer. Mr. Cowell was impressed by his work and let’s say that Louis’ salary had become a luxury.

But his salary came just in time for the Christmas season. He wanted to buy something extravagant for Harry, but he was at a lost for what. Harry never really ‘wanted’ things preferably other than what he already has. Louis knew no matter what he got, Harry would find a way to use it and make Louis feel as though he had just bought him the best gift in the world.

Louis knew it was going to take a few weeks to figure out a gift, but when he did, it was something he knew Harry would appreciate. Harry was a very verbal person except on two occasions: his birthday and Christmas. He never admitted to wanting anything.

But Louis found it strange, considering he came from a family of four sisters, his mum, and his step father who was practically his real father. He always wrote a list and made sure to give it to them on time.

When he first did this to Harry, that’s when Louis discovered he never really asked for anything. Harry wasn’t a closed person, but that was one thing he never told Louis, why he never asked for presents. But today, Louis tried not to think of any of it.

Louis sat on the couch, having already finished an article and turned it in, as he watched some morning news. Harry was still upstairs sleeping, and if he found out that Louis was out of bed on his birthday, he’d have a fit. Harry was determined to treat Louis like a king on his birthday, as he did every other day of the year, but Harry didn’t mind. He loved Louis.

Louis could barely sleep last night because he had been waiting for this day for a bit of time now. Harry had been super secretive about his gift this year. Naturally Louis would’ve found out about it or even located it, but he hadn’t been able to find it this year. Louis wasn’t used to being in the dark this badly on his birthday; he was a natural gift finder, so considering he couldn’t find his present this year, he was freaking out a little bit.

“Happy Birthday Lou!”

Louis turned to see Harry at the top of the stairs, smiling largely as he ran down the stairs and Louis grinned at his silly husband. Harry pounced on top of Louis, peppering his face with a multitude of kisses.

“Thank you babe. Merry Christmas Eve,” Louis said as soon as Harry got off of him.

“Ah, that too. But your birthday is much more important! So babe, what does the birthday boy want for breakfast? 21 eggs? 21 pancakes?”

“Haz, I doubt I could consume that many of anything,” Louis said as he went to stand up off the couch. Harry saw what he was doing and yanked back down on the couch.

“Oh no, not today. It’s your birthday which means you have to be pampered!” Harry stated as he poked Louis’ nose. Louis wrinkled it and looked at Harry with an endearing smile.

“But honey, you have work today,” Louis said as he batted his eyelashes, hoping to confuse Harry in some manner.

“Oh no. The restaurant is closed until after the holidays love. Besides, even if we were open, you know I wouldn’t leave you here all alone!” Harry pinched one of Louis’ cheeks before getting up and going to the kitchen.

“Harry?” Louis called from the couch.

“Yeah?” Harry responded as he was getting out some ingredients for breakfast. Harry had been cooking a lot more lately, by choice, and much to Louis’ satisfaction. Louis felt better about it now that Harry didn’t have to deal with his horrid cooking. Harry, who still believed Louis was a fine cook, helped him out by teaching him basics and what not.