iv.

iv.

For the next week Louis and Harry went about looking in stores for random things seeing as the next day they received a call from the adoption agency saying they had a special case they thought would suit Louis and Harry perfectly.

They were going to be taking a 5 year old little boy and since they hadn’t met him yet, they didn’t buy too much. But they did buy a bed, along with a dresser and some clothes just in case. But Louis, seeing as how excited he was for all this, went a bit above and beyond. He asked the social worker almost anything and everything and he got quite a few things out of her.

He figured out that he loved Batman and he also loved to sing. He was an active little tyke, but he had a bit of an anger issue. Louis didn’t seem bothered though, instead he just wanted to hug the child.

Harry was equally excited, but a bit terrified as well. He was scared that the child wouldn’t like him and that he’d turn out to be a horrid father. Harry didn’t want this all to fail because of him, it wouldn’t be fair to Louis.

At the moment, Louis and Harry were painting one of the spare rooms they had a striped blue color and they were enjoying each other’s company.

“Hey Harry,” Louis said after a few moments of silence.

“Yes Lou?”

“He’s coming tomorrow.”

“I know,” Harry said with a chuckle. “If he wasn’t then I’d be painting this room another time.

“Very funny. But seriously, we’re meeting him tomorrow. What if he hates me?”

“Louis, he will not hate you.”

“How do you know that?” Louis wasn’t very satisfied with Harry automatically assuming that the child would like him. He knew better than that. Louis was automatically jumping to the worst case scenario.

Harry sighed and put doing his paint roller to walk up behind Louis. He wrapped his arms around Louis’ waist and rested his head on top of Louis’.

“Lou, you know you’re wonderful.” Harry’s voice vibrated on the top of Louis’ skull, but it felt nice.

“To you, yes.”

“And to our possible new son. I mean, he’s a kid and he’s in the foster system.”

“I’m kind of nervous to hear why he’s been put into foster care.”

“Me too, but that’s why we’re taking him in. We’re going to take care of him.”

If he likes us,” Louis said pointedly. Harry merely gave a soft laugh and kissed Louis on top of the head before resuming painting the walls.

They spent most of the afternoon just painting and getting ready for the arrival of their possibly new son. It was a big moment for them and honestly the sleep they got that night wasn’t a lot. It was filled with tossing and turning and sleep became a distant dream for them.

Louis, thinking Harry was asleep, thought about every possible thing that could go wrong by taking in a foster child. What if he turns out to be a delinquent? Then he’ll kill Louis and Harry and make off with whatever they had. Louis’ other fears included being the horrible parent or the lame parent. Louis just wanted to be somewhat cool.

Harry, believing that Louis was sleeping, was having doubts and fears as well. He wondered if maybe he had made the wrong decision, jumping into this too soon. Their friends and family believed that it was the right time for them to do so, but Harry didn’t. He was excited, don’t misinterpret, but he just couldn’t believe that he’d be a suitable parent. Harry knew Louis would be excellent at this, considering he has a natural sympathy gene, but Harry knew he could be a bit of a tyrant at some points.